It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal abilities linked to genes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was thinking about this and was wondering if any of you had an opinion on this. It could be possible that a specific gene could trigger such abilities. Recall the plot of the "X-Men" series saying how the next "evolution" of mankind will have certain abilites evolving. This might be possible right now and might explain why some people have telekenitic abilities and why some people do not. It could be just the pick of the genes out of the gene pool. What do all of you have to say on this subject?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think there's something as far as running in families, but I don't think it's gene or dna related. I think it's probaly just that some of us are 'behind' in the evolution process or for some reason the old ways have been kept alive throughout the generations via the need to use it.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
First, you've got to define "paranormal abilities" and then test for them. Growing 18 inch titaniam claws when you get frustrated would be a pretty definite sign... but "getting feelings" isn't.

I think that yes, if we can define them that they are genetic... but what they are may not be as simple as "weird mental energy."

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
First, you've got to define "paranormal abilities" and then test for them. Growing 18 inch titaniam claws when you get frustrated would be a pretty definite sign... but "getting feelings" isn't.

I think that yes, if we can define them that they are genetic... but what they are may not be as simple as "weird mental energy."

They are approximately 14 inches, and Adamantium, not Titanium. The metal was not a part of his mutant gene, it was added later in his life. His mutant gene was super-healing and bone claws.

I know, I'm a comic-geek, and you probably didn't care or know about Wolverine's mutant powers, huh'?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
(laugh!) My Other Son would have whapped me for not knowing that, but I never was much into the X-Men (though I was into the original Spidey, Doc Strange, and Fantastic Four.)

Yeah, I was a bit of a comics geek. Still love them though I don't have the time to read much these days.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Gee there could be truth to this,

consider the following groups that believed the same things:

monarchies current and ancient,
nazi's,
freemasons and Illumaniti,
Aliens (if you believe in them),
most people with psychic ability themselves,
any magick practioner,
many ancient religious beliefs,
native peoples,
and on and on....

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Most probably it isn't really in the genes but more in the brains and the Aura themselves.

Twins have also more often telepathie and stuff, if they had the same genes it doesn't explain why they should be more telepathical... the genes aren't related to thoughts... the Aura and the brain are.

Because the "frequency" of the brains work on the same level with twins they are also more receptive for the information of the other twin which is given by the Aura.

Remote viewing and stuff are the same, looking by the Aura of another person which has got that information inside him, you aren't a ghost that sees the remote areas, you see what other people know about the area.

Also the scars and the ideas of reincarnation comes from exactly the same thing...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
In the Old Testamet, it states that the true priests could only be those born of the sons of David(?... little rusty on my biblical who's who). Anyway, the true priests were the only ones who could safely handle alien artifacts (OOPS!) I mean, religious items.

North American Indian beliefs state that the clan spirit is passed from mother the child.

Gypsy traditions hold that the first born children pass along certian... spiritual/medium gifts (not to be confused with the 7th son).

And, as is with my own family, it seems that, by back-tracking, each occult active member was the first born... not so much occult... I should say gifted with occult-like abilities.

Lastly, there is still little we know about with portions of our brain. DNA may hold a part in these abilities... but I think the solution lies in the mitrocondrea (those little pesky creatures, I don't understand them... they are their own individual organism, a parasite if you will... they aren't a "natural" part of us...)

Anyway, yes, I think abilities are passed on in the genetic level.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well, I think that everyone has the potential to do those sort of things, but some others may be more "naturals" and can probably do it easier than others.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
My mother has seen spirits all her life, although not alot of them. My older sister see's a few. Im the youngest, and I see them all the time. I believe it can be passed on, and it can evolve to be stronger.

top topics

join