It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: did ya see them trucks go by?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey NASCAR fans, I've got a question for you. After races, how often do people line the roadside to watch the trailers go by?

After the race yesterday, I was travelling north towards the general direction of the Glenn. Every year after this race, people from the central Susquehanna Valley line the roadsides to watch the trucks drive past. They jump in thier cars right after the race is over, and sit and watch traffic go by for hours on end, just to see these trucks go by. This has been hapning for at least 11 years here, and probably longer. And it gets bigger every year.

I just don't understand it. Granted, I'm not a NASCAR fan. I can understand that though, with the competition involved. But watching trafic go by for hours on end, sitting on a lawnchair? How is that entertaining? Heck, people even had RV's out yesterday, the first I've noticed that.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I've never done it intentially.... however a couple of years ago, I was coming home to Ohio from Kentucky and the race that weekend was in Michigan, we had stopped at a drive through and as we're sitting there, about 8-9 of the nascar transporters went by..

Rusty Wallace, Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin.. to name a few...

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
That even makes some sense, it happened by chance, and you saw some of the big names go by.

But I'm talking about people spending 4-5 hours sitting alongside a highway.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
heeyyyy, isn't this weeks race in Michigan ? I might just have to try to go watch it... I'm about an hour from the track

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
when i was able to go to the grand prix at the glen we had a place we would always stop on the way home, drink some more beer, wave at the girls, and pass the time for a few hours, up here i can sit along I-5 on my lunch hour and see the CART trucks as they headed up to vancouver, was always exciting to see the big rigs all painted up roll by, was a great way to get psyched up for a race weekend, of course that was when the indy car drivers were people you had heard of

new topics

top topics

join