It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: World of Outlaws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
i went to the World of Outlaws race that was held here last night. it was a pretty good time, good to see that Tony Stewarts driver, Danny Lasoski didn't win. for those not familiar with the World of Outlaws they are winged sprint cars with 410 engines and push 800 hp, all on a frame that weighs in at about 1300 lbs. well i had a good time, met a couple of the drivers and could barely hear afterwards. if you've never been to a sprint car race i recomend you check them out sometime.

World Of Outlaws

TRD

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Aegis i have never heard of them. I'm glad they had a few pics on that site they look cool and i bet it is good to watch.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
our local track is a sprint car only dirt track, it is 3/8 of a mile and they race 3 classes of sprinters...the 410, 360, and sportsman...i go a couple of times a year and it is always a great time, if it's action you want you can't beat the sprinters, the outlaws have been here in the past but they couldn't fit the track into their schedule this year....kasey kahne won the big race here in 92 and 93

www.skagitspeedway.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
that sounds just like our local track, it's also 3/8 mile dirt, we race 4 classes of cars though. Hobby Stocks (basically a couple guys in a garage who make an old car a race car), late model stocks (usually bought used from other series like ARCA, Busch North, etc), 360 sprints, and 410 sprints. Kasey Kahne also was whipping the field here a couple years ago, but with about 2 laps to go he screwed up big time and hit the wall. we've had lots of Nascar Drivers come through here, notables are Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Dave Blaney, Ken Schrader, Kasey Kahne, too many others to list. here's the link to our local track website

CLICK HERE

top topics

join