It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: NASCAR: Food City 500 - BRISTOL

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
oh there will be crashes all right, there are always crashes at this track, they might finish with 30 or so cars but many of them will be damaged, not a car will get through this race without some kind of mark on it

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I tell ya what that picture of the track in the first post looks awesome 160,000 fans whoah thats a lot...

So i guess it's going to be action packed then with alot of incidents...nice!!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
will be hard to keep up with all the action but i will do my best, in the fall they have a night race here, that is really spectacular, if i had my choice of one race to see it would be that one......drivers describe this track as "jet fighters in a cereal bowl"

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I bet that is awesome...

What about the Rookies and inexperienced drivers going round Bristol do ya reckon they are going to cause a few accidents? Best place i suppose is to be up the front so all the trouble is behind you..

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
usually is, but with the number of cars and the short track the leaders begin lapping the back markers real quick, they are almost always in traffic here, anything can happen

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Damm look like there is no way out them lol!

Hold on to ya hats and hope for the best!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
with the 36 degrees of banking on the turns the cars carry an amazing amount of speed all the way around the track, lap time will be in the 15 second range....an awesome race to watch

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thats quick,you know i can't believe they don't show it over here in the UK,i reckon it would get alot of viewers,it sounds more exciting than the F1..

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
nascar sure is exciting, watching the races on tvg i sgood but seeing them in person is GREAT.....you can't believe the speed and energy at a nascar race

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
here is a list of the affiliates of the mrn (motor racing network) they do a live broadcast of all the nascar races, don't know if any of them are on the net or not, armed forces radio also broadcasts them

www.mrnradio.com...

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Ohhh i think i got one i hope its not a recording but on the website it said the races are live and everything!!!

here's the link!

www.xmradio.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
HEY, that looks like it may be it, they were doing a race interview so you might have found it :bounce:

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I hope so lol!

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
i would like to listen but i doubt mrs tj woul let me get away with watching the tv, and listening to it there and on radio...lol

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
hahahaha yea nice one lol

Well i have the radio on and the tv,i got some US station on that radio CH 06 the 60's

TITLE: EVERYBODY'S TALKIN'

ARTIST: HARRY NILSSON

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
mrs tj is at work this morning so i have the tv on and am listening to peter paul and mary.....can't get enough of those guys...lol

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Now playing.......(THEME FROM) THE MONKEES

lol!

How long for the race now?

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
just about an hour till the green flag, just checked the live cam and it is sunny there

TRD

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thats good i hope they give the live commentry on this radio!! I don't how much of MR. TAMBOURINE MAN by the BYRDS i can take

posted on Mar, 28 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
they are still talkin racin on that other channel so hopefully they will have the race on there

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join