It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: Best Nascar Drivers and Teams

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Who do you think the best drivers are and the best teams racing this year in Nascar?

I know Dale JR won today so he has to one of the best drivers.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Dale Jr. and team Budwieser are one of the better teams when racing on a restrictor plate track. They are not known for their dominance on any of the shorter tracks though.

If i were to rank my power 5 teams not in any order it would go something like this.

1. Tony Stewart
2. Jeff Gordon
3. Matt Kenseth
4. Jimmie Johnson
5. Ryan Newman

actually my list may be a little biased because there are alot of drivers that i would rather punch in the face than get their autographs.

TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
lol Aegis..

So are all the races not that long like today?

What cars/drivers are better over the shorter races then?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Many race fans, myself included, would argue that restrictor plate racing isn't real racing since it relies on having good drafting help, and less on driver skill. Daytona is a 2.5 mile track. when you get 43 cars on a half mile track like Bristol it involves less aerodynamics and more driver skill.

now as far as who would i consider short track threats to win, i would go with Rusty Wallace, Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth, Tony Stewart, Ricky Rudd, and i could go on and on. that's the excitement of short track racing, at least half the field has a shot at winning. at least that's how i feel about it, it's pretty much a 50/50 split with fans on how they feel about restrictor plates. I've been to Daytona and Talladega (the only restrictor plate tracks) and become less and less impressed with the racing at both of those tracks, this year i'm going to Richmond it's a .75 mile track and have great expectations at seeing an edge of your seat race.

Even though i can't stand the guy, congrats go out to Dale Jr. fans for his dominance at Daytona today, we'll see ya'll next week.

TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ok so i guess different tatics and skill involved just like in F1.All depends on how good the Team is setting up the car for the driver and how good they are..

Any major upsets to be expected this season,like a driver and team to do alot better than was expected? I know its only one race in but there must be some newish face on the block looking to do well this season!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
not really, usually rookies will have one or two good races, but their lack of experience will kill them, usually on the restrictor plate tracks, because they don't have enough "friends" to draft with them or cut em a break. for my longshot to win the championship this year i'd go with Elliot Sadler.

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I mentioned in another thread that there is alot of hype about a rookie driver by the name of Brian Vickers who is driving the #25 GMAC/ditech.com Chevy for the Hendrick racing team.

He was knocked out of the race Sunday in the Waltrip wreck.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Watch Vickers from Thomasville, for the rookie honers.

He is one level headed kid with a firm foot.

Ben

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
looks like this info can help in the fantasy races. HEHHEE.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
With the new point system, and 8 wins last year,...

Newman may be the man this year.

If he can keep consistancy with him.

new topics

top topics

join