It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: Jarrett wins Bud shootout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
after a dissapointing 2003 season Dale Jarrett began the new racing year with a big win at Daytona, a red flag bunched the field with 8 laps to go, Jarrett held off Dale earnhardt for the win,
an exciting race with a lot of suprising faces at the front of the field, should be a wide open 500 next sunday

Ben

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   
who else was in the race

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
That was an exciting finish after Jeremy Mayfield went into the wall and the red flag came out. All of the drivers went into the pits for about 10 minutes and were allowed to work on the cars. Then they restarted fresh with 6 laps to go, great ending!

Rusty Wallace finished in 7th I think but it looked like Skinner had passed him under the yellow line so he might move up a spot, I havent heard yet if they changed it or not.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
wallace looked strong at times tonight, as well as Blaney, it looks like the new tires will be a big part of the story this year

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
1) #88 Dale Jarrett
2) #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr.
3) #29 Kevin Harvick
4) #6 Mark Martin
5) #24 Jeff Gordon
6) #2 Rusty Wallace
7) #20 Tony Stewart
8) #5 Terry Labonte
9) #48 Jimmie Johnson
10) #01 Boris Said

These are the unofficial Top 10 results, looks like Rusty did move up a spot, Skinner is listed at 15th.

www.nascar.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Dale jr did pretty well with a bad handling race car, if they can get that straightened out he could be a real force in sundays race

Ben

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
how much money was won?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
jarrett won $213,000.....not too bad for an hour or so

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
not bad at all, i would like that for a living. Now this race was just an exhibition? Was there any crashes?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
this race was not a points race, was just for last years pole winners, there were a couple of crashes, they had to red flag it for 14 minutes with 8 laps to go when mayfield and blaney went into the wall and damaged a gate....it was an exciting race all the way

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i watched parts of it, it was pretty good. Does NASCAR has like an off-season?

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
they have not raced since november, but it is hardly an off season, most of the teams take about a week off before they start preparing for the new season, there is a lot of HARD work and preperation to get each car on the track every weekend

new topics

top topics

join