It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: Awesome Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Bill Elliott will drive in the Budweiser shootout tonight but will not be driving in the 500 next weekend. He will be driving in selected races this year but mainly concentrate in helping tutor 2 new drivers on his team
willl be strange to watch a Daytona 500 race without "Awsome Bill from Dawsonville" out there mixing it up

Ben

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Woah thats pretty big to hear that. HOw come he decieded to tutor young people?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
he is going into a semi-retirement, he will just drive in selected races this year, i am suprised as i figured he would be sure to be in the 500, i had to redo my team roster for the race.....

Ben

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
ouch, seems like a lot of people are wanting to reitre. How old is he?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
he was born in 1955, another factor this year is that sponsorship money is harder to find as the economy slumps, so it is harder to bring new drivers along and let them develop as they could in other years

Ben

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
yea true, and plus with all the racers that are out there waiting for their chance in the spot-light.

How has his performace been as of late.

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
he finished 9th in points last year so he could still get it round the track,

Ben

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
well not to be mean to nascar at all, but wouldnt with nascar as you get older you would get better?

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
just with any other athelete as the drivers age their reflexes slow down, they get unwilling to take the chances the younger drivers do, injuries take longer to heal, what they make up in experiance they lose in other ways, there comes a time when it is time to move on to other things

top topics

join