It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: Dale Earnhardt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Died: Killed Sunday (Feb. 18, 2001)In the Daytona 500 on the last turn of the last lap. The crash involved cars driven by Sterling Marlin and Ken Schrader.

Driving career: Known as The Intimidator for his aggressive driving style, Earnhardt won seven NASCAR Winston Cup titles to tie Richard Petty's record. He won 76 races, including the 1998 Daytona 500. Was the 1979 Rookie of the Year.Plus numerous other awards.

TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   

TRD

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
it's hard to believe that it's almost been 3 years since he died. i never cared much for him as a driver, but now that he is gone i sort of miss seeing him on the track every weekend.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
He was my favorite driver,the only driver I ever rooted for for almost 20 years.(well dale jr when he came along). I was crushed when he died.
In fact I could not watch racing for the rest of year. It just was not the same without the black #3 flying down the track,riding up on someones bumber,then threading the needle between 2 cars. Nobody could or can do that as a Dale could.

I was going to make a post about this,but I think I will keep here.
Oddly enough,I think racing has gotten better since Dales death. This past season was fantastic. The new kids are ripping up the track. Hell Kurt Busch certainly brought some excitement and controversy to the track. Matt Kennseth,well what can I say,he had a fantastick season. I could not wait for Sundays to come around,and its killing me waiting for Daytona.Psst AF....Its Jr's turn this year.

So what do ya'll think,has racing gotten better since Dale died? I think he almost had to die,for racing to grow and get as good as it has over the past couple of years. He was such a dominating driver and person. Everyone else was in shadow. It seems like a lot more drivers are being noticed,and they are putting the spolight on everybody.
At least that is what I think.

P.S TRD Thanks for posting those pics of Dale.....You made my day bro....

[Edited on 6/27/03 by nyeff]

TRD

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
No probs Nyeff..

He is one of the drivers i remember watching over here in the UK.

This showed he had a real determination to drive,as he raced Hobby-class cars in and around his native Kannapolis, NC, working full-time by day, welding and mounting tires, and either racing or working on his cars by night. He financed his own effort, often having to borrow money to buy parts and pieces to run on the weekends, hoping to win enough to pay back the bank on Monday.

I think one of his great achievements was when he won the daytona 500 after well over 15 tries at it.I'm sure it was the only major he hadn't won.

I'll see if i have any more pics.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
great drive i still member him like it was yesterday

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Ol' IronHead.

Three years...*sniff*

One redneck that was down-home, regular joe type, and is ranked in the world as one of the fiercest competetors of all sports.

Now hitten' the High Banks above with Davey, Allen, Fireball, young Petty, and many others that are missed..

[Edited on 04/10/03 by smirkley]

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:20 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Ben

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
its been 3 years already? How much has changed since he passed?

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   
smirkley, that is a great picture.

Dale had finally done it all. All the races, all the tracks.

His last statement to the world was: I am in 3rd. 2 of my cars are in front of me. They will finish 1, 2.

He was blocking so someone else could win that race. I don't think it could have ended any other way. He had accomplished everything.

Long live #3. We will not forget.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yes it is a good shot, and looking at the expression on his face, he knew it, well before he was known to be great.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
LOL PA that is one hairy dude..

Guess he must be a diehard fan alright!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join