It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: NASCAR - What's better - Daytona or Brickyard??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
One's beginnings can be traced to sand; the other's, to bricks.

Both are cornerstones of the motorsports landscape, but which city is the racing capital of NASCAR Nation: Daytona or Indianapolis?

Certainly Daytona has more stock car tradition, but when it comes to racing in general, nothing compares to Indy.

This Sunday will mark the tenth running of the Brickyard 400 at the famed Indianapolis Motor Speedway. But despite receiving instantaneous crown jewel status with the inaugural 1994 race and nine years of growth, most drivers believe this event still falls short of the Daytona 500 in terms of significance.

So the debate continues with no definitive answer. Which is the capital of NASCAR Nation, Daytona or Indianapolis? If perception is reality, it all depends upon who you ask.

espn.go.com...

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
for me it's a toss up, either Richmond or Bristol under the lights for either. i just love short tracks, they put more emphasis on qualifing well since if you start in the back at Bristol you're already a half to 3/4 of a lap down. and they never come down to gas mileage, and if you get your car beat up you can still win.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Daytona.......:bounce: Indy has always been a indy car track. Never cared for Indy cars. Now, Daytona on the other hand was built for big cars with big motors.
I also agree with AF. Bristol and Richmond are great tracks. And a bigger challenge for the drivers. There is no safe place on a short track. Gotta love em.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Just 10 days till Daytona !!

top topics

join