It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: who is your favorite nascar driver?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
so who is your favorite nascar driver? also what is it that you like about nascar, is it the fast cars, pit strategy, neck and neck finishes, or is it the crashes?

for me, Matt Kenseth is my favorite driver, i picked him when he won his first Cup race on my birthday in 2000. and i may be one of the few but i don't watch nascar for the crashes. to me a good race is one without any cautions, and seeing who can win with all green flag stops.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I like to pull for Rusty Wallace in the #2 car although he wasn't won a race in quite some time.

I like many things about NASCAR, the crashes would definitely be near the top but I am learning about all the strstegy involved in the sport. It appears as they are just driving in a circle but there are quite a few strategies that driver's use to give them an edge.

Although I do like to see crashes, of course i dont like to see anyone get hurt, I dont like when they are under caution. I think they should still go into caution but the laps they drive shouldn't count towards the race and the race just resumes when the track is clear, just my opinion.

Go Rusty! #2

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here is a list of all the NASCAR drivers, their sponsors, crew chiefs, car #'s, and owners.

espn.go.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
I think they should still go into caution but the laps they drive shouldn't count towards the race and the race just resumes when the track is clear

amen PA. they use this strategy in the World of Outlaws series. it makes for exciting racing, but i see why nascar doesn't do it. WoO racing is run on tracks almost never more than 1/2 mile and they only run about 25 laps. if nascar did this they could possibly have drivers in their cars for 8 hrs. after a bad wreck. now i like racing but i don't think i could watch for 8 hrs.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Dale jr.I followed Dale Sr from way back in the early 80's. I was stoked to see the both of them racing together. And Jr. knows how to drive. Every now and again I see a little bit of his father when he drives. Damn Kennseth kid keeps getting further ahead in points.
It will take a small miracle for jr to catch him.

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
JUNIOR!!!

Always been a Sr fan though.

TRD

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I don't watch it enough to have a favourite driver but im'm leaning towards Dale JR as i remember watching his dad drive!

top topics

join