It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Critics in Hollywood -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
An article on Drudge report is mentioning a rally for the Bush critics of Hollywood that are gathering to protest the President and their current policies, I thought since I back Bush that I will be the asshole that calls them up to tell them to go to hell......The number for the person sponsering this event is listed below, I highly recommend that Bush backers give this SCUM a call and tell them to # off.

HOLLYWOOD DEMS GATHER FOR 'HATE BUSH' MEETING AT HILTON

**Exclusive**

Top Hollywood activists and intellectuals are planning to gather this week in Beverly Hills for an event billed as "Hate Bush,' the DRUDGE REPORT has learned!

Laurie David [wife of SEINFELD creator Larry David] has sent out invites to the planned Tuesday evening meeting at the Hilton with the bold heading: "Hate Bush 12/2 - Event"

The message reads:

"This is the most important meeting you can attend to prevent the advancement of the current extremist right wing agenda. Do not miss this meeting. This will be a high-level briefing to discuss the strategies... to affect what happens next November."

Political heavies Harold Ickes, Former Deputy White House Chief of Staff and Campaign Manager for the �96 Clinton/Gore re-elect, and Ellen Malcolm, Founder of Emily�s List, a political action committee that elects pro-choice, Democratic women, will chair the gathering.

Names included on the "HATE BUSH" invite, obtained by DRUDGE, include:

Julie Bergman: producer ("G.I. Jane," "The Fabulous Baker Boys," "Washington Square"), daughter of Alan and Marilyn Bergman. Came up with the anti-Iraq war "silent protest" idea for Oscars where celebrities wore blue-and-green quarter-sized peace sign pins.

Scott Burns: "Got Milk?" campaign creator and producer of Arianna Huffington ad campaign which linked SUVs with terrorism.

Steve Byrnes & Jamie Mandelbaum: Jamie is an entertainment attroney at Armstrong, Hirsch -- represents Hillary Duff, Tori Spelling, among others.

Ariel "Ari" Emanuel: Emanuel is a founding partner of Endeavor Talent agency. Brother of White House Rahm and agent to West Wing Sorkin.

Naomi Foner: Screenwriter of RUNNING ON EMPTY, LOSING ISAIAH; executive producer of HOMEGROWN a comedy thriller set in northern California about inept but lovable pot farmers.

Cami Gordon: Children's book author lives in Pacific Palisades, Calif. Member of Mothers for Natural Law. Husband Howard, producer ("X-Files", "Strange World").

Robert Greenwald: Executive producer of the 2002 documentary, UNPRECEDENTED: THE 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, about the "stealing" of the 2000 presidential election in Florida. Also produced CROOKED E: THE UNSHREDDED TRUTH ABOUT ENRON. He and Mike Farrell started "Artists United," a group of actors and other stars opposed to war in Iraq.

Sally Hardwicke: [no data].

Ruth Hunter: [no data].

Lyn Lear: Wife of Norman Lear.

Michelle Kydd Lee: Executive Director, Creative Artists Agency (CAA) Foundation.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus: 'SNL', 'Seinfeld' alum. Married to fellow SNL alum and sitcom producer Brad Hall.

Darcy Pollack: [no data].

Nancy Stephens: Actress (RUSSKIES), environmentalist.

Laure & Daniel Stern: Daniel is actor (CITY SLICKERS, HOME ALONE).

Anne & Jay Sures: Jay Sures is an agent at United Talent Agency. Hosted fund-raiser for Democratic presidential candidate General Wesley Clark his Brentwood home.

Marge Tabankin & Earl Katz: Tabankin is Barbra Streisand's philanthropic and political guru. Ran the Hollywood Women's Political Committee.

Katz is the executive producer of UNPRECEDENTED: THE 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

Heather Thomas: Actress ("The Fall Guy"), 80s pin-up model.

RSVP Brooke at (310) 205-3147

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
That is one way that I knopw voting for Bush, while he doesn't do everything the way I'd like, is the right way to vote. All those who hold unto counter-values that are destructive to my country despise Bush.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
To stay within one party platform for all your vote options.
Cowardice against truth & laziness against due dilligent research to find out if a a label actually fits.
But, I know you won't.....Hell, you think Howard Dean is a Liberal!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I don't know who you are talking to, but I don't. Unfortunately, the democratic party has been highjacked by the liberal fringe element.

And yes, Dean has some whacko notions that I think are counterproductive to the well-being of this nation.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I don't know who you are talking to, but I don't. Unfortunately, the democratic party has been highjacked by the liberal fringe element.

And yes, Dean has some whacko notions that I think are counterproductive to the well-being of this nation.

Yeah Dean who criticizes Bush so much about secrecy but locked away his Political papers away for 10 years.

His advisor was quoted as saying...

"We did not want anything to come out and ruin his future political ambitions."

Dean is a nut case.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
But, as usual, nothing based in reality.
Let's define our bogeymen, ok?
Let's put Dennis Kucinich at the Liberal Fringe.
You summize that HE is representative of the Democratic party!?! Again, the rallying battle cry of "Defeat the LI-----BER----RALSSSSSSSS!!" is all well & good and has marshalled the simple sheep, but it's no where near reality.

Dreamz - forget about Dean critizing. YOU should be suspect & vocal against the inane amount of secreacy from the Bush White House. If you're not, you're hopeless. Even Thomas is on record as to dissent of certain hyper hush hush.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dean is the MAN (and not in a bad way).

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
First off, I'm not a Bush supporter.

OK

I do have to comment on the "invite list". These people obviously think themselves much more infuential than they truly are. I mean come on! Talent agents? Please. I could probably come up with a better SHOWING of known faces than what they have on the invite list. They should call it
Self Glorification '03
Trying to make ourselves feel important, yet again.

And I don't like Dean either. We still have 11 months and 3 days to hope for a real contender though. I'm hoping for a good libertarian but I know it's a pipe dream.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
BT, what are you gonna do, every time someone responds to the name you throw out of your arse, are you going to mention someone else as if we did?

The Dems have no , I repeat, no-body that is worth a hoot. The closest would be Lieberman, but he still doesn't measure up.

We are clearly in a situation that sucks; nobody substantial to run against the incumbent. We are not in a good political position this election.

Alan Keyes for president!!!

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I do have to comment on the "invite list". These people obviously think themselves much more infuential than they truly are. I mean come on! Talent agents? Please. I could probably come up with a better SHOWING of known faces than what they have on the invite list. They should call it

I agree with that. But common people, These guys are just using their amendment right to protest and petition.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Pardon me, but could you tell me the amendment for protest and petition?

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
And, nobody is questioning their exercising their right to peaceably assemble (there is your clue).

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   

BT, what are you gonna do, every time someone responds to the name you throw out of your arse, are you going to mention someone else as if we did?

The Dems have no , I repeat, no-body that is worth a hoot. The closest would be Lieberman, but he still doesn't measure up.

We are clearly in a situation that sucks; nobody substantial to run against the incumbent. We are not in a good political position this election.

Lieberman is a loser, trying to be tough.
Alan Keyes?????

Like the repugnants would EVER vote for a black man as president.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Alan Keyes?????

i would vote for a black president.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Alan Keyes?????

i would vote for a black president.

You would vote BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yeah, sure ya would.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I would have voted for a black president...like Powell before his big sell out.... However, we'd better like the VP too, as he'd be stepping in quickly after the assassination I'd bet.... Sad to say...but that would likely be the result....

I'd agree, but he's got no game.... It's gonna basically end up being a race between Dean and Clarke...and by the time the dust settles...we'll have already re-elected Shrub!

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry, Colonel, but we all do not think constantly of skin color as you do. If people (like you) would shut the Heck up about color maybe more and more people would forget about it.

Now, to insure you understand why Keyes will never be tolerated by any party.
Keyes understands the constitution, he understands the history of this nation and the direction in which the Founding Fathers envisioned it going. He is very wise in both domestic issues and foreign. He is not about the Agenda but about America.

Were we somehow to sneak him into the Oval Office, they'd have him killed.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Thankfully the title only said Hollywood and not celebrities. That was a weak list.

But anyway...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Coming from someone who has made a value assessment on George Bush and found him worthy, I can't say your gauging of the Dems is any better.
The point I was making is simple: There are two Liberals in the Dem pool - Kuccinich/Sharpton - everyone else is moderate. Throw out the adherence to Trickle Down Economic theory, and they are blood brothers to McCain, Arlen Specter, Jim Jeffords and Dick Armey.

new topics

top topics

join