It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: no nascar this weekend

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
no nascar this weekend, due to the Easter holiday. what the heck am i gonna do now? maybe i'll take up crocheting.

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Crocheting? Dont you have a tape of an old race you can watch? I know its not the same, but it's better than crocheting. There are some great hockey games this weekend, I dont know if thats up your alley or not, but it's fun to watch guys beat the $hit out of each other for 3 hours!

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Hey, do you guys think I should by Dale Jr. 1:24 cars this year, or will it be a lousy investment like last year's collection?

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
well my personal advice is to never buy dale jr. dicasts. however he looks much improved this year so if you get a good deal on them go ahead. one day they will be worth more than what you paid. my current kenseth collection is only slightly higher than what i paid for them. but diecasts are like treasury bonds. sometimes you have to wait 30 yrs for them to be worth anything. if you can find any dale jr. diecasts from his busch days i'd be snatching them up the 98 and 99 seasons would be the ones to look for.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
He's been winning alot lately, I would think that would increase the value of any of his collectibles. I dont know how NASCAR works, but thats how it usually is in other sports.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
actually he's won one race this year(if you count the busch series then yes he's won alot lately, but to me the busch series anymore is a second rate organization). and if he stays true to his normal tendencies we won't see him in victory lane till daytona. DEI needs to focus on the other tracks (not just restrictor plates) if they want a championship. their program has been much improved this year, they got alot of top 10's and top 5's.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Dale jr. seems more focused this year.He is also 2nd in the points standings.I think this year he will be a contender through out the season.
And no NASCAR this weekend really sucked.Saw some of the F1 race,but its not the same.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
agreed. f1, indy, cart just aren't the same. sometimes if i have nothing to do i'll check it out but i have to have absolutely nothing to do.

dale jr. has been extremely competetive this year. i think his step mom sat him down and had a good talking too, something along the lines of "if the car is terrible, tell them whats wrong so it can get fixed rather than throw a fit and complain, and act like a spoiled brat or you're fired" he's had a very big change in attitude as far as racing for points. there may be hope for him yet. but he's still an earnhardt so i can't support anything he does or is paid to sponser.

watch out for kenseth this weekend. he's gonna extend his lead by taking the checkered flag at fontana on sunday.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well AF looks like we will have some fun this year.I am a die hard Earnhardt fan.Have been since Dale Sr rookie season.I like the Jr drives so I figured I'd stick with him.Still bummed out about Dale Sr.I was so stoked that there was going to be 2 Earnhardts in NASCAR.Oh well.
I do like a lot of the new drivers,Kenseth,and Curt Busch are going to big in Nascar for years to come.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i was never a big earnhardt sr. fan, but even though i didn't like the man, i didn't wanna see him dead. he was an icon in NASCAR, second only to the king Richard Petty. the thing i don't like about jr. is how full of himself he is, he has no humility and seems like nothing is his fault. and turn that hat around, you're not in the hood.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Where is the race this weekend? I'm sure everyone is anxious for this race since its been two weeks since a race. Go Rusty!

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I have to agree with you AF.Jr. is a bit cocky,think he gets it from his dad.

But I also think a lot of it is pressure,he has the Earnhardt name and has to live up to it.I think he will mellow with age.

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Anyone know why there's no NASCAR again this weekend, is it because of Mothers Day?

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
They don't race on mothers day.You know how rednecks love their mothers

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
the winston is saturday night. finally a long stretch of racing.

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
the winston is saturday night. finally a long stretch of racing.

Where are they racing Saturday night? Do you prefer Sat night races or Sun afternoon?

new topics

top topics

join