It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: NASCAR: Any Race Fans ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I will watch it occassionally if it is on. I root for Rusty Wallace simply because I drink Miller Lite beer, had to pick somebody. I just saw on the news that there was a 27 car wreck at the race at Talladega today. Of course Rusty was one of them that was knocked out by the accident. Dale Earnhardt Jr. won again, following in his father's footsteps.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
i watch it on occassionas but i cant sit there and watch the whole thing it gets to boring, i will watch it on sports center. Not to involved i like Earnhardt the most, espically since he is still racing after his fathers death and all, i have lots of respect towards him.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Come on, you can admit you watch it for the wrecks, lol! Thats the most exciting part, I cant sit there and watch cars go in circles either. I have a friend who likes NASCAR and we argue about it all the time, he tries to explain the "strategy" and other things but I just dont see it.

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
yeah i watch it for the wrecks who doesnt, its the best part the cars flying all over the place. I hope nothing happens to the guys but it is the best part. How is there strategy with cars going around in a circle.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I dont really watch NASCAR. Its kind of boring if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
huge matt kenseth fan here. i try to get to about 4 races a year. talladega in the fall and daytona in july every year. hitting richmond in sept, and really trying to get tics to the bristol night race but it's not looking good.

Ben

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
who saw the big crash at talladega yesterday?

posted on Apr, 7 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
i did and think good year better figure out what's going on. two big crashes in the same weekend because a tire failed. sounds like defective tires to me.

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I caught the crash on SportsCenter, looked pretty bad but apparently everyone was ok. I think Rusty Wallace totaled his car in that one.

AF, Kenseth is DeWalt right, the bright yellow car?
I dont like J Gordon, he seems like a prettyboy that is always winning, I watch just enough to hate him.

Ben

posted on Apr, 8 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I dont like J Gordon, he seems like a prettyboy that is always winning, I watch just enough to hate him.

Nice
, Jeff does seem like he wins alot, did you see that one tire that flew over the fence, it totaled one of the staff cars now that is cool.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This week the Virginia 500 is in Martinsville, VA. Bobby Labonte won there last year and aegis fang's driver Matt Kenseth came in second. Jeff Gordon won the pole and my driver Rusty Wallace is starting 5th and Ben's driver Dale Jr. is second.

"Say what you want about how hard the track is at Darlington Raceway or the inevitable big wreck at Talladega Superspeedway, but Martinsville offers up a series of challenges that will have many drivers reaching for headache medicine after the race."

"Veteran Rusty Wallace is always a threat to win at short tracks like Martinsville Speedway. Martinsville is the shortest track (.526-mile) on the circuit and also one of the hardest to pass on. There is the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Because of the bunched racing, speeds aren't much faster than an interstate."

espn.go.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'm watching the race and Rusty Wallace just lost his transmission. I cant remember the last race he won.

Ryan Newman is leading the race now. I think its the Tropicana 400.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I'm watching the race and Rusty Wallace just lost his transmission. I cant remember the last race he won.

LOL, I don't think Rusty can rember the last race he has won. And if he doesn't win soon,I bet he goes to another team.

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Huge NASCAR fan here and I like to root on Matt Kenseth and I did root for him last year, I'm not a bandwagon jumper. I dont see as many faggy Gordon fans since he has won less and now Kenseth gets fans from the woodwork. Oh well, all sports are like that.

I would like to be a NASCAR driver when I grow up (I'm over 25) LMFAO!

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Jimmie Johnson won the New England 300 today.

Anyone see it? It was an ok race, a few crashes.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   
this was a great race. Kenseth finished ahead of Ralph Earnhardt Jr. Gordo finished in the 20's. and kenseth's lead is up to 200 and some points. now i know it's a little early but i'm gonna proclaim Matt Kenseth as the last winner of the Winston Cup. it was a great race though. i'm suprised more drivers didn't run out of fuel though.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I was expecting a lot of drivers to run out of gas. Was kinda hoping Kennseth would blow a tire as well.
I don't care for the track in New Hampshire. Not a lot of passing,and its all but impossible to get cars 3 wide. It is too fast for the beating and banging that happens at short tracks,and is too narrow and slow to be considered a speed way. Just my opinion.

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Anybody know where the race is this weekend? The last few races have been pretty good!

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnforcer
Anybody know where the race is this weekend? The last few races have been pretty good!

It's the Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway on Sunday afternoon.

Newman wins fifth Cup pole of season

LONG POND, Pa. -- Ryan Newman left no doubt about who has the car to catch at Pocono Raceway when he backed up the fastest practice speed with his fifth pole of the season in qualifying Friday.

Newman hustled his Dodge around the 2-mile triangular track at 170.358 mph to claim the top starting spot for Sunday's Pennsylvania 500. He continued to demonstrate his liking for the track, where he qualified second seven weeks ago before finishing fifth in the Pocono 500.

Newman extended his Winston Cup series lead in poles this year.

He said speed is not necessarily the most important factor at Pocono. "You have to have track position,'' he explained. "And fuel mileage is very important. Jimmie Johnson won last Sunday in New Hampshire in part by saving gas over the last quarter of the race.

Defending race champion Bill Elliott -- the biggest winner in Pocono history -- will start 11th as he seeks his sixth victory here.

Rusty Wallace has four victories on the mountaintop, Dale Jarrett three and Terry Labonte two.

Winston Cup Standings

2003 Winston Cup Standings
1 Matt Kenseth............... 2848
2 Jeff Gordon................. 2614
3 Dale Earnhardt Jr........ 2575
4 Bobby Labonte............ 2472
5 Jimmie Johnson........... 2429
6 Michael Waltrip............ 2373
7 Kevin Harvick.............. 2316
8 Kurt Busch.................. 2243
9 Tony Stewart.............. 2226
10 Jeff Burton................ 2200

**Next race** - The Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis, nest Sunday(Aug 3).

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by TheEnforcer

It's the Pennsylvania 500 at Pocono Raceway on Sunday afternoon.

**Next race** - The Brickyard 400 in Indianapolis, nest Sunday(Aug 3).

Thanks buddy, should be a great race! And brickyard next week, some good racing coming up!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join