It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Entertainment Sports: Drum Corps International on ESPN2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Drum Corps International (DCI), the world leader in producing and sanctioning touring marching music competitions, today announced that its dynamic and award-winning World Championships television program will be broadcast on ESPN2 this fall. This is the first prime-time broadcast of the program on commercial television, and it will be available to more than 88 million households.

The two-hour program is tentatively scheduled to air on Tuesday, Sept. 6, 2005, from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern time. Dates and times are subject to change. Additionally, the program will be rebroadcast later in the year as two one-hour specials. Airdates and times will be announced when available.

source

DCI.org

This is great!

For those of you not familiar with Drum Corps, think High School marching band, but on a professional level. The kids that compete in this are all aged 13 to 22, and put their heart and soul into their performance. I used to march in a "senior" corps, there was no age limit. It's a great way to spend your summer, if you can afford it, and can afford to spend the time doing it.

It's great entertainment, but the telecast just simply does not compare to a live competition. If you find yourself close to one of the events, I'd recommend taking in a show.

Event schedule LINK

For you international types, I don't know of any links, but there are Drum Corps world wide, check them out if you can!

new topics

join