It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if n.Korea launched nukes at usa what citys would be destroyed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i live in uk but am curious, would usa launch nukes back if no nukes got through to usa.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
weren't pieces of north korean missile were found in alaska

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
None, between all the Navy ships with interception and counter missle batteries and the "Starwars Sats" from the Reagan years along with current classified anti-nuclear fail safes. I would find it highly unlikely that they could get one over the pond.

If a nuke could hit the US it is going to come from inside the country, not out.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
id say the major cities, or maybe the sites where we keep our nukes then wed be screwed,but i dont think they could know where we keep our nukes and i dont think they can get nukes over anyway because wed shoot em down and we deffinately would attack back [not with nukes] with Bush in office

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by weeman]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
weren't pieces of north korean missile were found in alaska

You mean this;
www.freerepublic.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The North Korean missles would either hit somewhere on Hawaii, or maybe the west coast.

We'd probably have a kneejerk reaction and nuke them back, even though it's a stupid idea. China would be pissed and the fallout would affect South Korea and Japan.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If any country were even to THINK about launching a nuclear attack on the US. We would react quickly to prevent a launch. I agree that the US can only be possibly nuked from within. If a country does launch one, we got lazerz to shoot 'em down rite?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I have to agree with ADVISOR, we've got too many systems in place for an missle attack. As for ground based attacks I think either LA or DC would be the primary target, though leaning toward DC because of symbology it has for the american people. It represents ( and convienently houses ) our government, our way of life, and to anyone wanting to hurt us its like a huge toe waiting to be stepped on.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Watch this video....the song is pretty catchy.

www.robpongi.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:50 PM
link   
More US bashing, so tiring.

Anyways,

I don't know what the Policy is but I assume that once a hostile' has even attempted a high level attack like that then there would be retalliation in equal force, if only to teach a lesson.

That is what I would do.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Noth Korea said they could hit Kali fornia

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
He, he, he, he. That was pretty funny. North Korea's condition is their own falt though.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
haha all i can say to any country is fire the first shot

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No country in their right minds would ever toss a nuke our way. NK could concievably hit Alaska, Hawaii and California and possibly Washington.

The way nukes will be detonated against us will be from terrorists.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
There is an article dated March of this year that says a Korean missile was found in Alaska. Kind of surprising that Norad did not pick it up.

Also we dont know if they shot it down or even knew about it. It would be a pretty scary thing to think a missile fell in Alaska and we heard practicaly nothing on the news.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz
No country in their right minds would ever toss a nuke our way. NK could concievably hit Alaska, Hawaii and California and possibly Washington.

The way nukes will be detonated against us will be from terrorists.

You're right on all counts.

but who ever said that Kim Song-il was in his right mind...

unless you believe he's grandstanding for cash....

hrxll

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
North Korea won't use nukes, because it doesn't have the ability to.

The interesting thing is, they can use them almost all they want, because a U.S. nuclear retaliation would cause Judgement Day to arrive much earlier than anticipated.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
advisor is right: none, none at all

they cant take us by launching nukes

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
North Korea won't use nukes, because it doesn't have the ability to.

The interesting thing is, they can use them almost all they want, because a U.S. nuclear retaliation would cause Judgement Day to arrive much earlier than anticipated.

sweatmonicaIdo,
Might want to check this out:
Link:
www.google.com... Web

Seems there have been numerous reports and articles to the contrary.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The US's nuclear capabilities are very limited. It was only designed for a first strike, that's it. The chains of command involved in launching a nuclear attack are so dependent on each other, that if one person is killed, then we're basically dead.

By the time we get prepared for launch a sencond strike, the president and other important officials will probably be dead.

Logistically, we're screwed as hell.

We do have the geographic advantage against NK, however. If both countries launched the exact same missile at the exact same time at the exact same speen, we would hit them first. Why? The rotation of the earth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join