It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Captain Lou Albano Hospitalized After Heart Attack

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Legendary wrestling manager Captain Lou Albano, 71 suffered a heart attack earlier this week. Albano is said to be in stable condition and is scheduled to be released later this week. Albano had been scheduled to reunited with old proteges the Valiant Brothers at a convention this weekend in New Jersey, although it isn't likely he'll be up for any public appearances at this point.

The famed manager was best known for a long heel run in the 1970s, bringing a variety of competitors to challenge the WWF champions of the era as well as managing over a dozen teams to the WWF Tag Team championships. Albano turned babyface in the mid-1980s after appearing in a music video with Cyndi Lauper. Albano's trademark manic interviews led the way to a number of film and television appearances as well. He had lost a tremendous amount of weight in recent years and still makes occasional independent and convention appearances.

Source: Wrestling Exposed

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Man, I havent watched wrestling in close to 20 years but I remember Cap'n Lou very well. I hope he has a full and speedy recovery form this setback.

Wasn't he in that Cyndi Lauper video too? Girls just want to have fun.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
the captain is one of the greats from the "good old days" i feel bad and hope for the best for him

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Best wishes to the Captain, legend.

new topics

top topics

join