It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

china plans manned moonmision 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

BEIJING (AP) -- China plans to land a human on the moon by 2020, the country's chief space official said in comments broadcast by state television..

more click the link

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by MarkLuitzen]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
awe shoot you beat me to it. I also saw another post about this topic in belowtopsecret.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well, more power to them. 2020? By that time, we will probably be to Mars. In fact, I read somewhere that NASA plans to be ready to go to Mars in 2017...

-wD

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
hope for nasa that they go too the moon first it would be a great test of the equipment works and the people whom have to work with it can be trained. if something is wrong they can change it otherwise if they go too mars first its a hell of a distancce so if something is wrong you can not change it if its a design flaw.

jra

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
That's a good idea Mark. That definately would be a good way to test things. Especialy since it has been a while since NASA has done any long range manned missions.

It will be interesting to watch how Chinese space program will develop over the coming decades as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I guess China plans on going to Mars in 2070 or 2080 then if their plans are this far drawn out.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I wondering if they'll post a flag larger then the American Flag on the Moon.. then maybe we can have a Flag race with China.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wonder if the Aliens will show up and scare the crap out of the Chinese and send em' packing too?

top topics

join