It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Update On Kevin Nash's Temporary Departure From TNA

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Source: The Torch

Both Kevin Nash and TNA management were on good terms when he took a temporary leave of absence from the company last Sunday at the Lockdown PPV. As reported earlier, Nash will be gone from the company for two months due to a new movie role he landed overseas. There is no heat on him for giving them short notice and he showed up at the PPV on Sunday and offered to work.

In regards to those still involved with TNA backstage, Terry Taylor is still involved with the production aspect of the tapings and also acts as an agent for some of the younger talent. Jerry Lynn, Shane Douglas and Scott D'Amore also help out as agents behind the scenes as well.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
i hope Kevin Nash comes back to the WWE, i thought he was good in WCW and hes a big guy, really strong and i thought he had alot of fans.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Nash has an ego bigger than his frame, IF he is prepared to actually let someone else get over and will work with other wrestlers then my all means come back, otherwise stick to the Indies.

Terry Taylor sucks as a promoter and development guy.

Jerry Lynn should be in the WWE for sure, as for Shane Douglas, if his mouth hadn't run away from him for so many years he could be a top mid-carder, he had the potential.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I also thought Kevin Nash was good. The whole Diesel thing worked well for him and his match at Judgment Day 2003 was pretty good. I think if he were to be back at the WWE he would need to get some more title shots though.

Also I just wanted to know is the whole Kurt Angle moving to Raw thing a good idea. Because at the moment Smackdown do not have that very many good wrestlers and Angle was one of their best. If he does move then Raw would have to lose one of their best superstars and if he does swap, then i dont think Christian would be good enough to replace Angle

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i think in the WCW Nash was one of the biggest names. over in WWE he wouldnt be as much, theres much more names

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nash was good a few years back, but now what can they do with him? Sometimes with the 'older' Wrestlers they just become stale.

Although i don't really like Angle, he is a big star. He draws a crowd and always puts up a great match. Moving him to Raw won't be the greatest of moves, but what have they planned for Smackdown? As you say he can't really be replaced and i don't think they will do a swop. Could this be the end of Smackdown or do they have much bigger plans for it?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rynaldo82
i think in the WCW Nash was one of the biggest names. over in WWE he wouldnt be as much, theres much more names

You fail to remember that before Kevin Nash went to WCW he was the WWE World Heavyweight Champion for over a year. So He was and still is a huge name in the business.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
True i almost hope the two brands join once again, because then we will see some brilliant matches i.e. shawn micheals vs undertaker...undertaker v kane

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by rynaldo82

You fail to remember that before Kevin Nash went to WCW he was the WWE World Heavyweight Champion for over a year. So He was and still is a huge name in the business.

Too much influence and not well liked though, that's why he couldn't stay at the top.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Expect a shake up as Smackdown's ratings go from bad to worse, the end I hear you say, the end?????????????

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Maybe he wasn't liked at the WWE but he is at the TNA

I don't see why the WWE don't make the whole thing one brand it would be much better.

[Edited on 5/10/05 by TwistOfFate]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwistOfFate
Maybe he wasn't liked at the WWE but he is at the TNA

I don't see why the WWE don't make the whole thing one brand it would be much better.

[Edited on 5/10/05 by TwistOfFate]

He wasn't liked anywhere apart from by his click.

I'd much prefer to see one of the Indies rise up and get the network TV coverage and put on a show that real fans are craving for.

new topics

top topics

join