It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tool's religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   
From their lyrics, what do you think Tool's religion is? I can't figure out what they would be.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I doubt it's any real organized religion, it's probably more of a spiritual thing rather then anything structured.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
maynard believes in the sacred geometry thing. or so i think. he believes in some weird stuff. i read something on it but i dont remember where. in 46 and 2 he is trying to "evolve" into the next stage of humans or some crap.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Now that you say that, it makes a lot of sense.
Sacred Geometry is really interesting stuff.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They aren't anything. Maynard said it himself, saying he thought most religions were the same. If they really were a specified religion, that'd contradict most things I'd see in them.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmmm
maynard believes in the sacred geometry thing. or so i think. he believes in some weird stuff. i read something on it but i dont remember where. in 46 and 2 he is trying to "evolve" into the next stage of humans or some crap.

I don't think that Maynard really believes in that theory. I don't at least. I think him making 46 and 2 was just being open minded to the idea.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
He has lots of mathematical terms in his songs like Parabola.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah, and there's apparently some mathematical hidden messages he has where you can listen to an album in different track orders. I never tried though.

It just occured to me that people might not know what 46 and 2 theory is? I'm not sure of the mathematical reason of it, I just thought of it by chromosones and whatnot.

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
try using it as a metaphor for human evolution, rather than taking chromosome addition literally.

Tool doesnt have 'a' religion. Sacred geometry isn't a religion either. www.intent.com...

Danny is said to have a freemason father, where as i'd imagine the others lay somewhere in between agnostic and some sort of collective conscious ideal. No one knows really.

new topics

top topics

join