Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Aliens Waiting

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I had a notion what if Aliens like say the Nordics are waiting for things to cool down on earth for it to become peaceful and after this peace they will land and share their knowledge and maybe let us travel to different planets. I kind of reminds me of Star trek how the Vulcans landed and waited almost a 100 years before man explored deep space. Just a thougt what do you think >>>??




posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Maybe....We are a very violent planet and if we are in a war and aliens come, one side on Earth might think the aliens are on the enemies side. If i were an alien I would wait until we became peaceful so that I wouldnt get my ass blown to bits.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I don't think that is the case. Life on earth was far more peaceful before the 20th century. Technology has only increased the rate of killing on the planet. If anything, they will reveal themselves as a means of intervention. Daily, UFOs are still spotted so they aren't not coming here because of human aggression.

If there is some kind of peace waiting period, our governments will obviously not allow that peace period to take place.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
after we become peacefull, TOTALLY peacefull thats when we'll have 1st contact..



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Aliens being afriad of war in iraq? Nah... A world war maybe

Humans are violent and will continue to be violent forever. So if they are waiting for us to be non-violent then they will be waiting a very long time....



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I don't think that is the case. Life on earth was far more peaceful before the 20th century. Technology has only increased the rate of killing on the planet. If anything, they will reveal themselves as a means of intervention. Daily, UFOs are still spotted so they aren't not coming here because of human aggression.

If there is some kind of peace waiting period, our governments will obviously not allow that peace period to take place.


Humans have never been peaceful...ever. Wars have gone on for thousands of years. Now, if you say that technology is making us more violent...which you did. Wouldnt that make an advanced technological life form even more violent than us. What you are saying makes no sense.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Humans have never been peaceful...ever. Wars have gone on for thousands of years. Now, if you say that technology is making us more violent...which you did. Wouldnt that make an advanced technological life form even more violent than us. What you are saying makes no sense.
We're not more violent, we are just more able to effectively kill now.

Theres a theory that space travelling intelligent life would be peaceful because they would have destroyed themselves before they had the chance to get to the level of space travel. I would imagine that humanity is at that stage where its either obliterated or it gets away from its violent nature and turns to other ways of life. This also means that any alien life that comes here will likely be peaceful and will have discarded their violent nature if they had it to begin with. So what I said is not contradictory in the least.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Originally posted by Seapeople
Humans have never been peaceful...ever. Wars have gone on for thousands of years. Now, if you say that technology is making us more violent...which you did. Wouldnt that make an advanced technological life form even more violent than us. What you are saying makes no sense.
We're not more violent, we are just more able to effectively kill now.

Theres a theory that space travelling intelligent life would be peaceful because they would have destroyed themselves before they had the chance to get to the level of space travel. I would imagine that humanity is at that stage where its either obliterated or it gets away from its violent nature and turns to other ways of life. This also means that any alien life that comes here will likely be peaceful and will have discarded their violent nature if they had it to begin with. So what I said is not contradictory in the least.


Human beings are violent self sustaining creatures. We will always be this way as long as we can think freely. As long as we can form different opinions we will for groups based on them. Those groups will then turn on each other. They will kill each other.

As far as waiting.... why would a civilization travel millions of light years...only to wait?



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
As far as waiting.... why would a civilization travel millions of light years...only to wait?
Because they can.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Originally posted by Seapeople
As far as waiting.... why would a civilization travel millions of light years...only to wait?
Because they can.


Ok, so tell me since you must have met these aliens. What is there reasoning for this. You must have met them to accept that they are here with no other proof. So why do they come, reveal themselves to just a select few, and just "wait". HAHA I cant wait to hear your inteligent answer..."Because they can"



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Ok, so tell me since you must have met these aliens. What is there reasoning for this. You must have met them to accept that they are here with no other proof. So why do they come, reveal themselves to just a select few, and just "wait". HAHA I cant wait to hear your inteligent answer..."Because they can"
I'm not sure what you are wanting out of posting that. I've made clear the evidence for UFOs in other threads. I will not repeat myself over and over again to you. Read my words or put me on ignore. Or maybe I should put you on ignore. I'm not going to re-type everything over again. Facts are that proof of UFOs exist. There is plenty of reason to think they are extraterrestrial in origin. To deny the possiblity is serious delusion on your part.

Why they are here and why are they so weird is pure speculation. How the hell am I supposed to really know what they are doing? Am I an alien? I can only give my opinion on this matter, but my opinion on UFOs and extraterrestrials being real is based upon at least some fact. Get real.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   


Why they are here and why are they so weird is pure speculation. How the hell am I supposed to really know what they are doing? Am I an alien? I can only give my opinion on this matter, but my opinion on UFOs and extraterrestrials being real is based upon at least some fact. Get real.


Thats all I wanted to hear you say. That it was your opinion. I am real. I dont accept anything without question. Nor should you or anyone. But it is obvious that you do. If you dont look at this without some skepticism. Then you are not fully looking at it. You look at only the facts that support your view. Not the ones that dont. I find it amusing that you are getting mad over this. I am just asking questions. Ill wait for your conclusive proof. Ill believe you when I see it.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Thats all I wanted to hear you say. That it was your opinion. I am real. I dont accept anything without question. Nor should you or anyone. But it is obvious that you do. If you dont look at this without some skepticism. Then you are not fully looking at it. You look at only the facts that support your view. Not the ones that dont. I find it amusing that you are getting mad over this. I am just asking questions. Ill wait for your conclusive proof. Ill believe you when I see it.
I think I've made it clear my opinion on this subject and that what I type is an opinion. If you have a need to persistently argue my opinon, put me on ignore. I won't change it.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Originally posted by Seapeople
Thats all I wanted to hear you say. That it was your opinion. I am real. I dont accept anything without question. Nor should you or anyone. But it is obvious that you do. If you dont look at this without some skepticism. Then you are not fully looking at it. You look at only the facts that support your view. Not the ones that dont. I find it amusing that you are getting mad over this. I am just asking questions. Ill wait for your conclusive proof. Ill believe you when I see it.
I think I've made it clear my opinion on this subject and that what I type is an opinion. If you have a need to persistently argue my opinon, put me on ignore. I won't change it.


Man, you cant handle anyone who disagrees with you...can you?



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Yes. This could be a possibility, but, it would be a long time before they visited us. Why? Because it is human nature to be violent, and dominate. After all, we are primitive is some ways...

-wD



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Man, you cant handle anyone who disagrees with you...can you?
I can't handle somebody who chases me through threads arguing over the smallest of minutiae regarding my opinion. I think I've made 20 posts in the last half hour just because of you.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
I had a notion what if Aliens like say the Nordics are waiting for things to cool down on earth for it to become peaceful and after this peace they will land and share their knowledge and maybe let us travel to different planets. I kind of reminds me of Star trek how the Vulcans landed and waited almost a 100 years before man explored deep space. Just a thougt what do you think >>>??


sadly, i dont think we will ever reach full peace on earth at least in my life time. you never know though.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Originally posted by Seapeople
Man, you cant handle anyone who disagrees with you...can you?
I can't handle somebody who chases me through threads arguing over the smallest of minutiae regarding my opinion. I think I've made 20 posts in the last half hour just because of you.


Im not chasing anyone through threads. I just happened to disagree with two specific comments of yours. In two different threads. I didnt come to the board and say, where is heelstone. I come to this board because I am looking for an answer to questions. Speculation and opinions are not an answer. Speculation an opinions of your side of this argument are just as valid as my speculation. There is no hard evidence that couldnt be explained away easily from your point of view. All I want is someone to give me the hard evidence.

The universe is very big. The earth is extrememly small and unnecesary in the scheme of the whole universe. If a civilization was advanced enough to even find us (which would be defying all odds), they would be advanced enough to not care if we were violent. I am sure we couldnt harm them anyway. I find it unlikely that an alien race would come to earth, hide, and wait.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Im not chasing anyone through threads. I just happened to disagree with two specific comments of yours. In two different threads. I didnt come to the board and say, where is heelstone. I come to this board because I am looking for an answer to questions. Speculation and opinions are not an answer. Speculation an opinions of your side of this argument are just as valid as my speculation. There is no hard evidence that couldnt be explained away easily from your point of view. All I want is someone to give me the hard evidence.
Facts are that UFOs exist by definition of Unidentified Flying Objects through means of actual government docuemntation on their reality. Their extraterrestrial origin is less proved, but only by a small margin.

You will have to define your opinion of hard evidence as I thought what I typed was hard evidence. I will discuss nothing further of this subject with you until you do.



posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I award this thread about peace on planet earth the title of MOST IRONIC THREAD OF THE YEAR!!





new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join