It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Lashes Congress, Bush for Overspending

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
About time McCain made the press again.

He is about the only one with balls o brass, who even challenges the system today.

"The numbers are astonishing," said McCain, an Arizona Republican. "Congress is now spending money like a drunken sailor. And I've never known a sailor drunk or sober with the imagination that this Congress has."

This comeing from a respected Vet, says ALOT!
I have always stood behind McCain, exept for when he dropped out of the Presidential Election. That P I S S E D
me off, and disappointed me. However, I stand behind him now.

EXCEEDING CAPS

"The president cannot say, as he has many times, that I am going to tell Congress to enforce some spending discipline and then not veto bills," McCain said.

McCain for President!

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You know what? He's not liberal enough and he's too damn conservative for me--so he'd get my vote. I'd vote for him because he tells the truth even if it's just what he believes to be true like Iraq. He came out right away and said what he thought no matter the party line. I wish he would run, but I don't blame him after what the Bushies did to him in 2000. Playing on peoples prejudices, attacking his moral character, and spreading lies we should've known what we were in for just by how they tried to destroyed him.

Another good thing about Mr. McCain is you know he's not in the pocket of big business. He hates pork. It's lovely to hear him speak on it on the floor of congress.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia
It's lovely to hear him speak on it on the floor of congress.

You got that right, it is music to my ears.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   
McCain rocks, I never got to vote for him in the primaries in 2000, but wouldve done so if he got that far.
He is probably the one politician that I have thee utmost respect for. I thought for sure he would create a 3rd party for 2004, but I guess I was wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
He has more influence in the position he has now anyways. f he was President he would be forced to say and do things he is against, so he is also probably safer not being pres. However if he ever did become elected, he would never have to worry about being shot. As I would take a bullet for him with out hesitation, heck I would do so for him even now.

Hey McCain! Do you need a volunteer bodyguard/bulletcatcher, because I am more than willing to work for free.

*Wannabe shooter* *Me standing in his way*

HAHA you can't aim!

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
He really spoke up about the overspending thats a constant problem. Congress cant depend on the fiat currencey to save its ass every time.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
...for McCain to run as an Independent Presidential Candidate. Jim Jeffords as VP.
Republicans are sheep, unfortunately, who won't deviate from the party line even though they've seen Bush in action. McCain would present a sfae out for them.
If not a Dean/Clark ticket, I'd vote for Mcain/Jeffords easily & happily.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I voted for McCain in the primaries and shook his hand when the straight talk express came to my town.
And he even signed a bumber sticker for me! I like McCain but I don't know about Jumpin' Jim Jeffords. McCain and Traficant would get my vote though

new topics

top topics

join