It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in Grampians, Vic, Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2002 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hi,

Has anyone here witnessed these UFOs? I read in the paper a few days ago there had been nightly sightings for over the past year. It seems noone can explain it.

I am going to the Grampians in a few days to check it out, just wondering if anyone here knows about them.

posted on Jul, 2 2002 @ 10:11 PM
link   
BV,

Haven't heard of the UFO's you speak of...there was something on the news about strange lights near that area but no pictures..so TAKE YOUR CAMERA!

Also good to have another Aussie on board!

Chris

posted on Aug, 29 2002 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This morning they [the media] announced there have just been crop circles found at that place. They are blaming it on some kind of 'fungus', but noone believes that. btw I'll post some photos if I can find. And also the lights are still being seen.

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Glad to see there is a few other Aussies here.

Is there somewhere i can see some more info on this place/these sitings?

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A news item on the starnge lights is at the link below but generally I could not find very much information on it.

www.gpgwebdesign.com.au...

posted on Aug, 31 2002 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi all

Just a quickie to say it's good to see an Australian contingent here. I'm an "abductee" living in Perth WA. Keep us posted on the Vic sightings. Cheers

posted on Sep, 1 2002 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Hi Lakota I'll update this thread if anything new happens with these lights.

You may be intrested to read another thread on this forum with posts from another abductee.

xmb.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2002 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thanx for the links Lightning,
Does anyone know the names of the family that were abducted on the Nullabor? I think I read a book about them once but I cant remember much about it.

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 02:00 AM
link   
The name of the family abducted on the Nullabor was the Knowles.

More info is on the website below

www.geocities.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2002 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Thanx again for the links Lightning!

posted on Oct, 20 2002 @ 10:14 PM
link   
My boyfriend and I went to the grampians a few weeks ago , specifically with the intention to have a bit of fun looking at the " lights " that have been seen in the area over thel ast 12 months. Frankly , I don't think that we " really expected to see anything unusual, after all we would describe ourselves as logical, rational and definately sans the kookiness that people that sight ufo's sometimes posses.

What we saw was what , to the naked eye looked like a very bright star , east south east at around 9 pm approx 15 to 20 deg above the horizon. When we used the binoculars it took on a peculiar form, with a sphere that changed shape and seemed to dart about on the spot. The shapes went from what looked like a jellyfish to a triangle to an arc, with the colours in the middle ranging from a red and blue hue to green. Anyone seen the same object?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I went to the Grampians at Halls Gap about 2 or 3 weeks ago, looked in the sky every night and didn't see $hit, even though I was hoping to.

Bexta wrote:
What we saw was what , to the naked eye looked like a very bright star , east south east at around 9 pm approx 15 to 20 deg above the horizon. When we used the binoculars it took on a peculiar form, with a sphere that changed shape and seemed to dart about on the spot. The shapes went from what looked like a jellyfish to a triangle to an arc, with the colours in the middle ranging from a red and blue hue to green. Anyone seen the same object?

Bexta: are you sure that it wasn't venus or something else. About a week ago at my house I saw a reeeally bright flashy star, got the binoculars and had a look and saw almost the same as what you have described. Seemed to distantly change colour and shape. The thing to be careful of here is that when the visible eye looks at basically ANY star or particularly planets they all seem to be slightly flashy and changing colour because of the gases. If you lookat them in a high powered telescope they won't be like that, they'll be clear, you'll be able to see craters and they won't look like they're changing colour. I guess that's the problem for most people including you and me, we don't have high powered equipment to see if it was something which we believe is abnormal or just a planet or star. Telescopic equipment is so expensive!! Around $500 for mid range equipment.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Also, doesn't anybody believe the scientific theory that the possible explanation for the Grampians lights sightings is some kind of Northern Lights phenomena, similar to that in Greenland, whereby phospherent light is visible at heights of several kilometres high, caused by light refracting from the earths magnetic grid lines.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:44 AM
link   
sugeshotcha, if you see them, you will know that is not a possible explanation. The area is open for any sceptics. If anyone wants the exact name of the lookout, so you can go see them, email me.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   
WEll I havn't seent hem but i hardly ever go tot he grampians. But it's good to see a few Australians gathering on this board

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Aussie Aussie Aussie!

OI OI OI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( and stuff the copyright!
)

I'm in Melbourne, been meaning to go to the Grampians for a while now.....

if I head up there I'll report back on anything

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I havnt been to the Grampians since I was a kid. Im not too far from there and may plan to visit before I go overseas.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
i live in brisbane and have seen ufo's on a couple of occaisions, but i havent been looking properly yet.

does anyone know where a good place in/whitin 20 mins drive of brissie that might be good for ufo spotting???

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
first of all I guess no ones been following this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

my previous post in the other thread was:

I went to the Grampians at Halls Gap about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I had a look every night and didn't see $hit!!!! I'm going back to Halls Gap, Grampians this saturday coming up (TOMORROW!!). Anyone got any news of the lights lately or any further comments?

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:50 AM
link   
How's the Grampians? Pretty nice or what?

Mr. M

top topics

<<   2 >>

join