posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:09 PM
- The RAW/Smackdown taping at Madison Square Garden last night drew in the range of 14,000-15,000 fans. The show was the first time that MSG opened up
the upper bowl for a wrestling show since WrestleMania XX.
- WWE announced last night that they will have another RAW taping at MSG on 7/11. Tickets will go on sale on 6/4. Chris Jericho's band Fozzy will be
playing BB King's in Times Square following the taping that night.
- Linda McMahon stood inside a tunnel leading into the Arena watching but never came out in front of the fans.
- Triple H was said to have been in a lot of pain last night from his neck injury, but gutted it out.
- Most of the workers backstage were happy to hear (although they kept silent obviously) all the negative chants aimed towards Edge and Lita last
night. Most have taken Matt Hardy's side in the whole situation and felt like the MSG fans were "vindicating" Matt. Many were wondering what Vince
McMahon thought of the reaction, since he often uses the MSG crowd to guage what is and isn't working.
- There were chants for Hogan all night.
- There was a "Carlito" chant when Carlito Carribean Cool was in the ring waiting for his Smackdown segment to start.
- Before he was live on the air, Simon Dean cut a promo on the live crowd from inside the ring, saying that the fans in Madison Square Garden were so
huge, they needed to renamed the building "Madison Circle Garden."
- WWE was selling a special "Supershow" T-shirt last night featuring John Cena, Batista, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, The Undertaker.
- There was a huge "ECW" chant after WWE played the commercial for the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD on the Titantron.
- WWE developmental talent Marty Wright was backstage at the taping last night but was not used.
- Roman from the Chris Masters segment last night is an indy worker from IWF.
- MTV's DJ Scribble was in attendance at the taping last night.
Source: Wrestling Exposed