It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Your favourite ever match?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Watching King of the Ring 2001 at the weekend with my Wife, i watched the Angle/Shane O'Mac Streetfight match, and it occured to me... that this is the best match i think i have ever watched.

I took a break (involuntary, after loosing Sky) for nearly 3 years so have no idea what happened during my time away, i came back just as Orton won the WHC, so i may have missed a few great matches, but in my opinion, that is a hard match to beat.

Which lead me to the question, what is everyone elses favourite match??

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
its hard to pick a fav to be honest. there has been loads of good ones.

though, am going to pick Shawn michaels vs stone cold years go when tyson was kicking around and he hit shawn michales and stone cold won

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There is soo many great matches its would be real hard to pin-point it down to just one.

Mankind-vs-Undertaker Hell in a Cell 98 comes to mind, where the Undertaker throws him off the top ect ect..

Plenty of WrestleMania main event matchups were great, Royal Rumbles... Sooo many to choose from.

I'll have to have a good think about it and see if i can come up with some real good ones..

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
hey guys,

ive been observing this board for a while now and finally got round to registering so first of all hello to everyone!

Its hard to pick from so many matches through the ages but one of my favourites has to be the HBK - Razor Ramon ladder match from wrestlemania 10, theres just something about that match that makes me want to watch it over and over again

Sir

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hey there, welcome and good to see that you signed up eventually..

Well this is a hard topic and i might be showing my age but Flair/Steamboat (WrestleWar '89) was awesome. An all time fav and classic was Hulk Hogan vs The Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania 6. Razor Ramon Vs HBK at WM 10...

There was so many great non-title fights aswell. And no one has mentioned any tag-team great matches.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
as much as i enjoyed hogan - warrior WM6 i much prefer hogan savage the previous year, such a classic!

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Savage was my favourite wrestler of that time.

Ok i had a little think and one match i can remember was Cactus Jack v Terry Funk from the ECW. Some of the most brutal and bloodiest battles came from the ECW. If i remember Cactus Jack joined the ECW in 94' and was an instant hit along side some great names in wrestling who have been and are in the WWE. Hack Myers, Al Snow, Osamu Nishimura, Tully Blanchard, Paul Lauria, Mikey Whipwreck, The Young Dragons, Stevie Richards, Hector Guerrero, Marty Jannetty, DC Drake, Jason Knight, Ron Simmons, Vampire Warrior (aka Gangrel), Dudley Dudley, and Dances With Dudley, Chris Benoit, Terry Funk, The Headhunters, Sabu, Shane Douglas, Arn Anderson, Bobby Eaton, Dean Malenko, RDV, Eddie Guerrero, Ahh man i could just go on and on at the talent that lit up the ECW.

Anyways, the match between Cactus and Funk was an extreme weapons match and really brutal, they had some great matchups. Another one was the 1995 King of the Death Match tournament where they had barbed wire everywhere and C4 explosives on the boards, they both got burned up and well mangled lol!

[Edited on 18/4/05 by TRD]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
hey. thats right. there has been good tag team matches.

early days of legion of doom, the one with billy gun and the other guy. they where good against dude love and the other mad guy lol

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
ECW has to have had some of the greatest matches ever..

Hey BTW welcome bigdumbredneck, good to have you here!

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
why thank you its good to be here!

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I don't have just one favorite match:
1) Mike Awesome vs. Masato Tanaka - ECW World Heavyweight Championship - ECW November To Remember 1999

2) Randy Savage vs. Ted Dibiase - WWF World Heavyweight Championship - WrestleMania IV

3) Randy Savage vs. Hulk Hogan - WWF World Heavyweight Championship - WrestleMania V

4) Randy Savage vs. Ricky Steamboat - WWF Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship - WrestleMania III

5) Hulk Hogan vs. Ultimate Warrior - WWF World/Intercontinental Heavyweight Title - WrestleMania VI

6) Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels - WWF World Heavyweight Championship - Iron Man Match - WrestleMania XII

7) Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant - WWF World Heavyweight Championship - WrestleMania III

Those are the ones I can remember right now

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sure is hard to nail down just one.

Some of the more memorable:
Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemanie. Saw this on PPV in a theater and the crowd was on its feet and yelling through the entire match. People were stunned when Hogan actually lost.

Savage vs Steamboat for the IC title. Great scientific wrestling from the WWF at a time they had a lot of lugs around.

Ric Flair vs Dusty Rhodes. These guys had a ton of memorable matches. People really hated Flair and loved Dusty in those days.

Many "Holy Sh*t" matches in ECW. Sabu vs Van Dam, Rey Mysterio vs Psicosis, Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko

Almost any match at MSG where champ Bruno Sammartino kicked the crap out of Ivan Koloff, Bruiser Brody, Stan Hansen, etc.

FMW - Hayabusa vs Tanaka - check out the Flying Assassin dvd, the high-flying and high-impact action is awesome

[Edited on 4/19/05 by RufusRJones]

top topics

join