It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS-base/last resort Silo in the U.S.S.R

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
An ATS-funded Silo to protect all from the ultimate paradox.

a Silo

*crowd gasps*

ok, so your average Silo costs 40,000-400,000$ in the ukraine, they cost a lot less in the U.S.S.R

from a strategical point of view, the U.S.A is the most likely place to get nuked, would it prove profitable to think about buying a Silo in the U.S.S.R while you have the chance? or buy a crate in NYC when all's too late, i mean, would you prefer this:www.silohome.com...

or

this: news.bbc.co.uk...

the point of a silo? survival, not refurbishment at a phenomenal scale

(like ATS would lose a cent on funding a SILO

This is theoretical...
Cyrus

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I'd like to see some adds for said silos in the former Soviet Union. Seems a little interesting, but I doubt that in case of emergency everyone form ATS would be able to head for Russia at a moment's notice (another reason why NY is better- you all can hop in your cars with your guns, swords, family members, pets, supplies, ect...)

DE

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I'd like to see some adds for said silos in the former Soviet Union. Seems a little interesting, but I doubt that in case of emergency everyone form ATS would be able to head for Russia at a moment's notice (another reason why NY is better- you all can hop in your cars with your guns, swords, family members, pets, supplies, ect...)

DE

wait a min.
when Civil war breaks through, i doubt many will want to stick around in the U.S

as for the follow-up of tactical ballistics, well..there's no running away from it

my guess is, when the only nuke to be dispatched ended up hitting northern NYC, your "swords,pets,cars" remnants will be dug up outta this so claimed "safe" shelter.... lawsuits are sent after the two cousins who labelled the place a silo etc.. end of ATS.

sure, go ahead, why not!!

oh...adverts?? *shakes his head in frustration*, man...they're not up on ebay, finding one proves EXTREMELY difficult, it's not likely you'll come across one with camo netting...or did u have in mind something on the lines' of: large clearing in the middle of a forest with a launchpad.
these things are made in such a way as to avoid all possible viewing from sattelite systems, these bunkers' are virtually impossible to locate without prior knowledge to their locations.

actually...who cares' for pricing, i'm not looking for a VIP lodging, just a place to stash my transport underground, and enough supplies' to get me thru...videogames a priority!!

some serious advice:
at a time of crisis u can just take over one, providing you have enough firepower to discourage an already outnumbered policeforce, no questions asked in that case

speznas had some serious trouble with the police force ages ago, when no1 knew of them.. that didnt stop them taking on an entire barricade(which was like a 3 block perimeter) leaving the police force speechless/needing backup

i cant find an article on this, but it's a well-known strategy for speznas, punch first, ask questions later, maybe you(the desperate americanos) are likely to do the same if funding proves' anavailable.
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I realize that... but there must be some way to show they're on the market. As for tactical ballistics, I plan to gt there early and not get caught in open. Plus, they're not going to carpet some remote place in the adirondacs for no particular reason.

I'm looking for both VIP lodging for me and all my ATS buddies and a bunker in which we could hide. why not do both? And yes, video games are a priority.

Here's an idea: Why not start two seperate funds for bunkers- one for ATS Europe and one for ATS America? You get points and priviledges for how much you donate. That way, we get bunkers and furnishings for everyone.

DE

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I realize that... but there must be some way to show they're on the market. As for tactical ballistics, I plan to gt there early and not get caught in open. Plus, they're not going to carpet some remote place in the adirondacs for no particular reason.

I'm looking for both VIP lodging for me and all my ATS buddies and a bunker in which we could hide. why not do both? And yes, video games are a priority.

Here's an idea: Why not start two seperate funds for bunkers- one for ATS Europe and one for ATS America? You get points and priviledges for how much you donate. That way, we get bunkers and furnishings for everyone.

DE

An interesting idea, DE. I'd think we'd need safehouses along the way, as we were just discussing off-site, but I believe that it could be worked out in some way. It would take major sacrifice onthe part of everyone involved however.

There might not be room for video games.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   

DE

lol

i'm not a millionaire.... i cant do this alone.
and if i would, why would i share it with all the likely agents...i mean, people out there.
one fund will be enough, and at a time of crisis, there are two options for getting out of the U.S: greencard holders' get free flights to wherever the hell they want, so as to get out.
or
all flights are closed off due to alleged attacks etc, and you guys get stranded anyway.
and as for adverts, nope...nothing, i've just gone down the shop and back, bought a load of estate-buyer's catalogues, and i turned up with nothing on the lines' of silos.
they're virtually impossible to get commercially, unless some strings are pulled with an official ( as in any other place) you are not likely to get this.

i think it's best if every1 in ATS heads' for anywhere in europe if something outrageously crazy happens(ie: B*SH declares war on the moon, and decides to send nukes at it)

i repeat, for argument's sake, every1 is bound to be safer in europe than anywhere else, europe is the last place to be attacked, unlike the U.S

*starts throwing things frantically* i'm still looking for a catalogue i bought on secret defences, this catalogue should prove helpful...but it's 800pages long, so this might take some time

i'll tell u what i find.
ps: deus, the minute u admit europe is strategically a lot safer than the U.S, is on the day ww3 is declared legitimate, home is safer than anywhere else...i agree, why am i so strong headed and so bound to the hypothesis that ww3 is coming up? coz it seems an all too reasonable argument, and the more i read about it, the more i feel this theory to be a tad too plausible.
am i an extremist? deluded perhaps? maybe...but not an idiot to realize that in fact, too many clues' are pointing in the wake of a ww3, it does not scare me...just makes me more aware.
at least i dont trust this world with my life, and am likely to put up a fight for it, just like all the other mad ukranians out there.
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there are other European members willing to help with a bunker fund for you guys. The flying thing is also why it would be a good idea to have two bunkers.

I admit that Europe IS a lot safer, some of us just can't make it there.

Good luck on the househunting, ese.

DE

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

DE

An interesting idea, DE. I'd think we'd need safehouses along the way, as we were just discussing off-site, but I believe that it could be worked out in some way. It would take major sacrifice onthe part of everyone involved however.

There might not be room for video games.

as for getting all cramped up in a silo...hell no.

i found a silo!!

actually....loads of 'em

one is located near st. petersburg, it's out of use, i dont have a scanner so no images(sowy

another one located near the rural area of moscow....
all these are from the 60's-70's, so u can imagine the states they're in.
as for refurbishment, you'll need some serious pumping to do, since the one near moscow is admittedly flooded

and that's like, they just hinted on it, meaning, most of them are likely to be extremely damp already.

there's like 15+thousand silos' in what was previously known as the soviet union, some are abandoned(yes!!

why 1 silo in the first place?...coz it'll make the perfect community & coz united we stand

just some thoughts on the matter, the thread's breaking apart as we speak, william & simon's oppinions are crucial...but they are unlikely to take part in this thread, it spells out their debtor graves

i think it's a good idea, oppinion.
i also think this thing will probably have to be done somewhere cheap(not britain for one), that's why i originally hinted on the U.S.S.R.

in response to deus, i'm not looking for a house, i've already got an apartment in a really remote area, i'm currently living with some1, till i get my # together & move into the aprtmnt.
my dad owns a winter lodge 30km away from the center, totally furnished etc... with like 5 acres, so that's worth having in case smthng happens.

as for a silo?? just looking, it's an interesting thing to have, no doubt, you could create an amazing bar, a proper underground resort, ventilation, water supply, temperature would be controlled electrically, generators' would be an easy thing to put up, i noticed some silos have generators' still in tact, connected to pipelines' from the soviet times'.
grrr,
too much to think about on this matter, just thought i'd point out some facts, it's not all that far-fetched, i'll add to that that i'm not paranoid, *aware* more like,
"a war is imminent"
*said a poor old man after i gave him some change today*
to my shock...out of all the random things

lol....these are signs!!

really now, it is impossible to make a granite-like resolvement and bear proof on the matter, it is also impossible to determine if this wont happen, which i find even more annoying.
a friend of mine just bought a humv2, says he'll pitch in with the silo idea if a suitable one is found, so there you go, i mention it to a random rich person, and he's all ready, cheque or shotgun in hand

a pathological liar? no
i'm currently bordering on "the delusional teenager" here at ATS, william ranks me as one of the pains to endure in the ATS community( i should so get adopted by 'im

and is likely to want to make my BAN as public as possible ASAP if he sees me violating ANY rulz

we've had several differences on one topic, he wants to get his own back coz i've been bordering a whisker away from being labelled arrogant

will, dont be a big softie on this matter, i dare ya!! to post up your true oppinion on this, i'm sending ya a U2U
Cyrus

top topics

join