It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why December 25th?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magickman
Now about Jesus'birthday.The Bible clearly states that the shepards were tending their flocks in the field,so it could not have been December,it must have been near April,or May.

Are you forgetting that Dec. might not be winter climate over there? Especially if our months are no longer at the same time of the year. Dec. might not have even been be what we think of as Dec. now. Also, I don't think they get much snow, except in highland regions.

[Edited on 12-1-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

The 25 of december is the winter solstice (if I'm not mistaken). On the longest and shortest days of the year there were pagan festivals. The catholic church, in order to more effectively convert the poor country folk, replaced the meaning of their festival (Probally a sun god worship of some sort) with jesus. It's the same as with the Puritans and thanksgiving, where you have a group of christians celebrating a holiday which has its roots in the worship of pagan nature spirits, along with their pagan contemperaries, the Indians.

Exactly. Totally built around the celebration of the Winter solstice, just as Easter is built around the Spring Equinox, adn All Saints Day around Halloween. Made it easier for the commonfolk to convert to Christianity. Either that, or beheaded.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Some Evidence dating Jesus' Birth to September 11th

www.wiredweb.com...

members.tripod.com...

www.creationevidence.org...//www.creationevidence.org/fa_questions/122bethlehem.html

"The nativity occurred on September 11, 3 B.C. [!!]

Note the following sequence of historical events.

1) Joseph and Mary's journey to Bethlehem for the "census" occurred at the very close of the Jewish civil year--an apt time for a registration of peoples to happen. It was in the summer season and before the rains set in that would have made it difficult.

2) Jesus was born in a stable in the twilight period of September 11th, the Day of Trumpets, 3 B.C.

3) He was circumcised on September 18, 3 B.C. (the eighth day for the circumcision rite is reckoned inclusively).

4) He was dedicated in the temple on October 20/21, 3 B.C.

5) Luke says: They returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth (2:39). This means they did not go to Egypt after the birth of Jesus. After all, they had only gone to Bethlehem for the "census," not to move there. So, the family returned to Nazareth in the latter part of October, 3 B.C.

6) Then for some reason, they decided to move to Bethlehem. This could have been in the Spring or Summer of 2 B.C. They set up house, having no need for the temporary type of shelter they had when Jesus was born (Matthew 2:11). . . .

8) Then on December 25, 2 B.C., when the King planet Jupiter came to its stationary point in mid-Virgo the Virgin, it would have been seen "stopped over Bethlehem" as viewed from Jerusalem. The Magi then went to Bethlehem and gave the child the gifts they brought from the east. Jesus was now a 'paidion' (Greek: toddler) not a 'brephos' (Greek: infant, as in Luke). He was old enough to stand and walk. In the papyrus codex Bodmer V of the Proto-Evangelium of James written in Egypt in the fourth century, it even states that the Magi were able to see Jesus 'standing [italicized in the book] by the side of his mother Mary' (21:3)[cp. Matt. 2:11]. This shows early opinion that the visit of the Magi to give gifts to Jesus was long after his birth. . . .

9) With the warnings of the Magi, Joseph and Mary immediately took Jesus to Egypt in late December of 2 B.C.

10) Immediately after this, Herod killed all the male children 'from two years old and under' (Matthew 2:16). This matter of killing children two years old can now make better sense. If Jesus was born on 11 September, 3 B.C., the slaying of the innocents was about 15 months after his birth. If the conception period were also considered, it comes to 24 months exactly. This may be a helpful clue that Jesus was indeed born in September, 3 B.C. and why the Magi saw Jesus 'standing [italicized in the book] by the side of his mother Mary.'"

David V. Bassett, M.S.
CEM Staff Writer

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ok, I'll say it again lol. This time for clearly.

December 25th was chosen, because ancient Europeans used to celebrate the Winter Solstice. They chose Dec. 25 as a convienence, so they could celebrate it at the same time. The same with Easter, also. Most scholars believe Jesus would have been born anywhere from late Spring to Early summer. Clear? lol

-wD

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yep. It has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus, eh?

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well, yeah it does, it just isn't his REAL birthdate...

-wD

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i believe easter isnt a randomly selected date, it was found because everything involving Christ's cruifixition is around the time of passover, which we have a specific date for (according to the jewish calender?)

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Simply put

Christmass is on the 25 of december
Its a good way to end the financial year, people go out a week prior to christmass and spend a # load of money and the rich love it!!

Its gone beyond Jesus(pbuh) birthday as they claim it to be, he is a selling product now!

==Guerilla==

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by STOLENSCRIPTURE
I could be very wrong or maybe misinformed but
I've been looking for the actual day of Christ's birth being stated in the text as actually on Dec. 25, I can't find it.
The only evidence of His birthmonth I could find is in Luke,1 26-37. There's no actual date, angel Gabriel
went to Galilee the 6th month and told Mary of her expected Son. assuming a 9 month pregnancy on our calendar would set his borndate in late March, early April,no? I could be very wrong if I am let me know.

peace
TRUESABBATH

Finally someone who are waking up! Indeed, Jesus was never born in December. There were shepherds sleeping in the fields and there were lambs jumping around in the fields. Has anyone ever been to Israel, or anywhere on the Northern hemisphere for that matter, during December? Not very warm and not a single lamb to see. You won't see a single shepherd sleeping outside in December to say it short. If you see any sheep or cows outside in December their owner must be either dead, mad or simply evil. Also, to travel trough deserts during winter is probably not a good idea that either. Not to mention giving birth to a child in a cave or a stable!!!! Freezing!

I've been through this over and over again: The Catholic Church never knew, or for some reason confused, the date of the birth of Jesus, but they did know the date Constantine celebrated his god, Sol Invictvs, which btw was the Sungod of Rome, their name for Ba'al. The "Churchfathers" (meaning the "fathers of the lord" or alternately "fathers of the Roman Senate"!!!) did everything in their power to try and convince C�sar that Jesus was Sol. Or in other words seek to confirm that the Jewish elite was right when they said Jesus was Beelzebul or had his powers from him. Judas Iscariot will have an easier task getting inside the Kingdom than any Catholic I guess. The Pharicees will walk right by them too. Jesus was the fulfillment of the Law. And the Law starts with Passover, as does the calendar of Moses (or two weeks earlier that is). As for Luke's calendar, he was probably using the Romanised Egyptian Sun-calendar of the C�sar, which started on March 1st. If you read through the Tannakh and pay notice to when God visit Abraham and Sara to tell them they would have a child: it happened one year after the visit. Also, in the prophets a similar thing happens, this time also one year after the announcement. If it had happened just 9 months after what would that say about the Grand Arch Gabriel, Mother Mary, Rightious Joseph and Jesus the Son of God?

Jesus was possibly born around Passover a couple of years prior to the "Year of the Lord". Which Lord is it they are refering to btw? It certainly isn't Jesus. Jesus celebrated his God on the Sabbath and he taught us that we should keep the Law and become even more rightious than the Pharicees. What did the Church do to accomplish their goals in this matter? They changed the Sabbath. They made God into three separate entities, they made a system which basically brakes all of the 613 laws of the Torah continously, they changed the calendar and made it even worse than the Babylonised calendar used by the Jews at the time, they persecuted every rightious convert and every Jew and Muslim they could see. Everyone who knew the Law and the Way, they killed. Then they finished what the Talmudians started: to destroy every single Christian work that used the Name of God YHWH, revised them and did like the Talmudians had done with the Tannakh earlier: change it into Lord, Adonai, Kyrios, Ba'al: pick your language. That people refuse to understand this makes me really angry. People talks about the seven wonders of the world and how amazing they are. They forget the greatest wonder of them all: How in Heaven and Earth is God able to keep his temper in check? And this one is just as wonderous: How does people dare to keep up such herecy as they do?

In England the word peter means to steal from one and give to someone else. The Pope and the Beast he works for has stolen my sanity and Salvation and given it to the wolves. They have done everything in their power to confuse the communication between me and my Father. When I was called, he gave me the name Peter. Well, if it is God's will, I'm going to take back what's his, and give it to his children. And if it is God's will I will see this whole world colapse and be given the ability to give every pope in the rope a decent arsewhoopping. With a sledge hammer. After that I could use the severed popes to hit every government official since the beginning of time who has contributed to this decay.

It's really simple: Sabbath worship, God's three festivals and the Law of God. How difficult is that? The only thing the Church has fulfilled in the Law is the woes of decay, and they have also managed to put the whole world under the curses of the Law. I'm so sick and tired of this. I so much want to live rightiously by the Law as Jesus instructed me to, but it is nearly impossible in this world I'm afraid: Not a single one is doing the right thing! They run around like dogs trying to bite their tails and they don't see the great rock that is lifted from it's place as Daniel prophecied. It will crush this herecy like a bug! No remorse! I have to reinvent language, rewrite the whole Bible, destroy everyone who keeps other days than Sabbath sacred. If they don't know which day is Sabbath and why it is so important that we keep this day, then maybe it is the time to figure it out? Freakin' hipocrites and dramaqueens the whole bunch of them! I'm leaving one day. It can't be long now. And when I come back, God knows what he has made me capable of. For I sure haven't kept my frustration and concerns hidden. And I have shown the whole world that this whole mess makes me sick. Maybe I'll bring back one of those mirrors they have that shows what their souls look like, for many people who concider themselves rightious in their own mind, that's an awful sight, I promise you. This life runs both ways you should know, but the river runs in the same direction all the time.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
didn't it have something to do with a paegan holiday that christians tried to make religous

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
didn't it have something to do with a paegan holiday that christians tried to make religous

Yes, just as all other Church festivals and doctrines. They never fought paganism, they endorced it. In Rome they celebrated winter solstice at 25th of December. The festival was held in honor of Sol Invictvs, the Roman name of the Babylonian Sun god Ba'al, known to most people as Beelzebub and Satan himself. But obviously not in the Church. They obviously mean Jesus is Ba'al. In Constantinople they held this festival at 6th of January which is the second most popular "birthday" of Jesus. It's also interresting to notice that the only season without a festival in the Law is winter. You should know that Jesus isn't the Sun god. He is the Light that makes the Sun shine. Without it's light, the Sun is just a ball of gas. Light is eternal while the Sun and the stars are not. The festival of Jesus is Passover. It has always been and will always be. I believe he was born around Passover just as he was killed just before Passover. I believe he was killed on Erev Pesach in AD 30 (AA 3791). On a Wednesday. And he was in the tomb for three and a half day (nine o'clock Wednesday evening to six o'clock Sunday morning). He came back to life on the Sabbath but he didn't rise up on his feet to leave his tomb until the next day. Just like it will be with the two witnesses. Everyone should know that the Church doesn't worship the true Jesus. Their "Jesus" was born on a different day in a different year, and killed on a different day and year. And the image on all their idols of this "Jesus" is of course not even close to the likeness of the true Jesus. All these idols are based on the Torino shroud which simply cannot be the shroud of Jesus. The shroud Mary found Sunday morning was just a headpiece, while the Torino shroud is a full body wrapping. It has also been proved that this shroud is a forgery many times. I think it is painted by an artist. And not even a good one. If he had been, he wouldn't have painted his eyes in the middle of his forehead. And he doesn't even look like a man coming from that area. It's also interresting to note that there is a triangle between his eyes. Triforce?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon

a druid priest explained it to me once in very simple terms.

winter solstace (december 21 st) is the last day the days get shorter.

the 3 days that follow are of the same length.

on the 4th day (december 25th) a new sun is born and the days start getting longer again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join