It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: WWE Screensavers Virus alert!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
From WWE.com:

We have been told that a new worm is being spread through a screensaver with current WWE Diva Torrie Wilson and former WWE Diva Sable. The worm spreads via email pretending to be a bug fix for Microsoft Windows XP SP2, according to analysts from Sophos, Inc., an anti-virus and anti-spam company with U.S. headquarters in Lynnfield, Mass. However, when the bug attempts to spread via file-sharing systems and Internet relay chat, it disguises itself as a screensaver of Diva Torrie Wilson and former Diva Sable. Once the worm infects a machine, it makes changes to the security settings of infected computers, and blocks access to various Web sites, potentially leaving the PC open to further attack. It also turns off anti-virus software. Sophos has given the worm a low threat rating at this point. Although there have been very few reports of the worm, Sophos analysts recommend computer users ensure their anti-virus software is up-to-date.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Good thing I didn't get that! Phew a close one.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
thank you trd for letting us know i took a few normal pictures but not the screensavers luckly for me

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm glad i am not into WWE screensavers..

Wht do these people do this? Its just the regular persons PC that gets screwed up, not some big corporation.

new topics

top topics

join