It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: More Details On The Fallout Between The Rock & WWE

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Source: Wrestling Exposed

In an interview with IGN last week, The Rock stated that he was "done" with WWE. In a followup interview done this week, The Rock further clarified what happened between him and WWE.

The Rock on his contract status: "Well, contractually, my contract was up, it came and went last year, at the end of the year last year, and it was an interesting way it all came out. I wasn't contacted or notified or anything like that.

The Rock on whether WWE just dropped him more or less: "It was never brought up. Yeah, basically. And I was over in Prague, as my man there was saying, filming, and again, it was just one of those things that kinda like hit like a ton of bricks. Because again, my own team, my managers and everybody, they're congratulating me. It moved me, because I had so much love from them, I thought well…"

The Rock on the possibility of returning to wrestling: "I'm sure the door's always open and I appreciate that… But yeah, I do miss the fans, that part sucks that, you know what I mean, I can't perform live like that. I'm sure I will one day… I love it, man. I love just, you know, live interaction…"

The Rock on whether he has the rights to use "The Rock" name: "No, actually I do. It's almost like a dual ownership, and we had made that agreement, I would say, a couple of years ago, so I'm able to go out and use the name The Rock and be billed as The Rock, if I wanted to, in movies… It's interesting now how things have kinda just taken a life of its own in terms of the name where everybody's like, 'Oh hey Dwayne Johnson...'"

new topics

join