It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Updates On Many Rumored Matches At WrestleMania 21

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Credit: PWInsider.com

Both Dawn Marie and Spike Dudley will be appearing later today in Des Peres, Missouri at the Westfield Shoppingtown West County (80 West County Center) as part of the WWE Road to WrestleMania 21 tour. For more information, you can call (314) 288-2020.

On Tuesday, March 1st, The Rock will be one of the special guests on the show "Good Morning America" to promote his role in the upcoming hit film "Be Cool" starring John Travolta and Uma Thurman.

Speaking of WrestleMania 21, we have recently been informed of some new possible matches to take place on the mega-card. Along with the already confirmed title main-events of Triple H vs. Batista and John Cena vs. John Bradshaw Layfield, the rest of the card is looking like this. Obviously, WWE is heading towards Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle and Undertaker vs. Randy Orton, other possible matches include Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio (with the possibility of both working as a babyface), and Chris Benoit & Chris Jericho vs. Muhammad Hassan & Daivari.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Wont there be a womens championship match . if not y?

TRD

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I hope there is, i don't see why there wouldn't be.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
is the trish versus christy hemme not going to become for the tital?

TRD

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Updated WWE WrestleMania 21 Card; New Matches

The following is an updated card confirmed for WWE WrestleMania:

World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H vs. Batista

WWE Championship
John Bradshaw Layfield vs. John Cena

- Shawn Michaels vs. Kurt Angle

- Piper's Pit, hosted by Rowdy Roddy Piper, with special guest Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Matches to be announced:

Ladder Match
Chris Jericho and five other participants

Randy Orton vs. The Undertaker

TRD

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
WWE has drastically strayed from the original plan for WrestleMania 21.

WWE was planning for months to have the first Triple H vs. Randy Orton rematch at WM21. WWE booked the entire stipulation regarding Orton not being able to wrestle Triple H for the World Title again to set up his Royal Rumble win, thus getting him a shot at Triple H at 'Mania. Of course, Orton's popularity soon sunk while Batista's rose. WWE made the decision to put Batista in the 'Mania main event and have the Orton/Triple H match at the Rumble.

Also for much of last year, the thinking was that the top Smackdown match would be Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker. The two pushed heavily for the match. However, Vince McMahon opted to keep the WWE Title on JBL and push John Cena as Smackdown's new top act since Angle has ongoing neck problems and The Undertaker is now only a part-time performer.

Most expected a John Heidenreich & Gene Snitsky vs. Kane & The Undertaker match at 'Mania earlier this year. That ended up being scrapped.

Matt Hardy was expected to work 'Mania in some new twist to his angle with Lita. However, there real life break up seems to have messed that up.

The WWE booking team did not have WrestleMania plans for Eddie Guerrero or Rey Mysterio so the two had to propose their current angle themselves to ensure that they would have a WM match with a proven opponent and a chance to steal the show.

WWE's WrestleMania booking clearly shows which guys are at the top of their priority list, that being Triple H, Batista, John Cena, Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Randy Orton, and JBL.

The Big Show (who will face Akebono at WrestleMania in a match that has been planned for awhile) looks to be on the next level, with Chris Jericho, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero, etc. all on a still lower level.

Source: Wrestling Exposed (Partial Source: The Torch)

TRD

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Triple H (c) Vs. Batista

WWE Championship
John Bradshaw Layfield (c) Vs. John Cena

WWE Women's Championship
Trish Stratus (c) Vs. Christy Hemme

Money In The Bag - Winner Gets A World Title Shot
Ladder Match
Chris Jericho Vs. Edge Vs. Christian Vs. Kane Vs. Shelton Benjamin Vs. Chris Benoit

Interpromotional Match
Kurt Angle (SmackDown!) Vs. Shawn Michaels (RAW)

Interpromotional Match
Undertaker (SmackDown!) Vs. Randy Orton (RAW)

Rumored Matches:

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Chavo Guerrero (c) Vs. Paul London

Eddie Guerrero Vs. Rey Mysterio

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
thats going to be a super cool night i am hoping for john cena to win and i really hope batista wins hhh

TRD

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They was talking that HHH was going to beat Batsita but i don't know how true that is...

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
oh no i hope that not right what is happening on there lately all the h holes seem to be cheating like hell and getting away with it

TRD

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Yeah i hear ya, HHH has held the title too many times and for too long. They need different champions and i hope Bastita wins..

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
fingers batista crossed wins

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   
yer. it will be a big match.

is it going to be a cage match? even if HHH gets beat, its guarenteed a few months down the line he will be champ again, i think hes one of those figurs peoepl dislike so much they make him champ lol.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i am not sure if there a cage match as i have been busy and have not been able to catch up with wrestling just yet
i hope there is thought

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
If the Big Show vs Akebono match falls through for Wrestlemania the backup plan is for Big Show to face Orlando Jordan for the US title.

Both the IC title and the WWE Tag Team titles are not scheduled to be defended at Wrestlemania.

The addition of Kane into the Ladder match at Wrestlemania was a last minute change before Raw aired last night. The original plan was for Gene Snitsky to be in the match but that idea was scrapped.

Wrestling Exposed

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
-There is no chance of Rock being at WrestleMania at this point. Apparently, there are not even talks occuring between the two parties at this time.

-Most likely Mick Foley will also not appear at WrestleMania unless there are some last minute changes.

Source: Pwtorch

TRD

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The following matches have been confirmed for WWE WrestleMania 21:

Confirmed:

World Title Match
Triple H vs. Batista

WWE Title Match

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane

WWE Women's Title Match
Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

The Big Show vs. Akebono

Piper's Pit featuring "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Rumored:

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Despite rumors started with the news of Bret Hart's scheduled autograph signing at RVD's comic book store, there are absolutely no plans for 'The Hitman' to attend WrestleMania.

Source: Wrestling Exposed

TRD

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Below is the updated, and likely final, card for WrestleMania 21.

World Title Match
Triple H vs. Batista

WWE Title Match

Money In The Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. Chris Benoit vs. Edge vs. Christian vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane

WWE Women's Title Match
Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme

Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

The Big Show vs. Akebono

Eddie Guerrero vs. Rey Mysterio

Piper's Pit featuring "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

TRD

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
As of now, the working plan is for Hassan and Daivari to get involved in the Piper's Pit segment at Wrestlemania.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join