It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: COMING SOON: History of WCW: World Championship Wrestling. [UPDATE]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I am very sorry for my lack in updating concerning this thread lately. It was an extremely rough first college semester, and now that I have some time, I'm starting to write the article.

It will be broken into 3 seperate parts.

1) HISTORY OF WCW: The Beginnings - which will pretty much get into Jim Crockett promotions turns into WCW, and when WCW breaks off from the NWA. (this is currently being written)

2) HISTORY OF WCW: The Monday Night War -- this will go into depth of the war between WCW Monday Nitro and WWE Raw. Give insight into the ratings war and tactics used by both sides to get the edge . (This will be most likely the LONGEST PART)

3) HISTORY OF WCW: The Fall of an Empire -- this will go into WCW's decline which started in late 1998, leading to it's death and final Nitro in 2001.

There is a possibility I might go into WCW's "resurrection" as part of "The Alliance" with ECW in late 2001... but I'm not too sure of that yet.

Sorry about the delay, but part one is currently being written! STAY TUNED!

-prophetmike

[Edited on 1/11/05 by prophetmike]

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hey Mike i wondered where you had disappeared to...

Great stuff that your finally getting it underway, i will look forward to the first part.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
understand the lack of time sometimes....will look forward to reading the articles when you get them posted

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The first part of History of WCW has been posted. It can be found in the Sportz Classicz forum.

ENJOY!

-prophetmike

TRD

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hey everyone should check it out, great post by Mike and a great read!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
good stufff mike, i liked it when the NWO was in the wrestling, sting was flying around with baseball bats and stuff lol.

i'l be sure to read the first part and look forward to the other bits

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hello again.

Work on Part 2... "The Monday Night War" will begin sometime this week, Being that this war was very lengthy and there is a lot of indepth information... this part most likely will be divided up into smaller sub-sections.

I also begin second college semester this week... so probably not TOO MUCH work this week, which is why I'm gonna try and get started.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the first part. Thanks for the kind words. :party-smiley-018:

More updates when they are available.

-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
thanks mike, looking forward to it

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Cool Mike, this part i will be looking forward to .. Monday Night wars was the best!

top topics

join