It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada prepares to enforce Islamic law

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Whew! You want to revise that gramatically?

Human rights and multiculturalism are apples and oranges.

If a woman (or a man) commits a crime even though they are fully aware of the penalty if they are caught, then it is not against any human right when the penalty is imposed.
Canada and U.S. see things a bit differently than the Islamic world does. Let's see about this "multiculturalism" illusion, let's see how it fairs.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
dam i still can't believed it happened in my community and i never heard about it,

but hey thats the canadian screwed up "politically correct" style, i feel like one of my anti-quebec rages

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

If a woman (or a man) commits a crime even though they are fully aware of the penalty if they are caught, then it is not against any human right when the penalty is imposed.
Canada and U.S. see things a bit differently than the Islamic world does. Let's see about this "multiculturalism" illusion, let's see how it fairs.

exactly TC, if we were in an islamic world, don't be fooled they'd wouldn't give us any respect

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Well let me explain myself correctly, our Constitution is against death penality, so I don't see why we should legalise these kind of treatments.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by f16falcon
dam i still can't believed it happened in my community and i never heard about it,

but hey thats the canadian screwed up "politically correct" style, i feel like one of my anti-quebec rages

The law is created in Ontario and that guy is putting the fault on Qu�bec. It's not because there's morons in ontario who are legalising this that Qu�bec is impliqued.

Now I feel like one of my Anti-Ontario rages

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Salem]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

In reality, I think, Canada needs U.S.A as a big brother in international conflict. Canada is the little brother of USA. USA and Canada are neighbours, but the prime minister here is always dissing President Bush, like most Canadians I think. Multiculturism is the ideal of the Canadian state, and it seems like a pretty good one, as Canada is rated higher than USA on many fronts. But, don't forget, USA and Canada are both in the free world, like two brothers.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

The law is created in Ontario and that guy is putting the fault on Qu�bec. Good Job

salem, salem, salem
ontario and the rest of canada has been influenced, by quebec since the end of the seven years war in 1763. the brits were nice enough to let quebec keep it's culture, their tolerance of the quebec just came back to screw the rest of canada over with this politcally correct garbage which has corrupted the country. all this "tolerance" and "multicultarism" and "political correctness" has destroyed a once great nation,
salem do you like pierre trudeau?

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by f16falcon]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The law is created in Ontario and that guy is putting the fault on Qu�bec. Good Job

salem, salem, salem
ontario and the rest of canada has been influenced, by quebec since the end of the seven years war in 1763. the brits were nice enough to let quebec keep it's culture, their tolerance of the quebec just came back to screw the rest of canada over with this politcally correct garbage which has corrupted the country. all this "tolerance" and "multicultarism" and "political correctness" has destroyed a once great nation,

Spoken like a true American.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

nope i'm from toronto, the most multicultural city in canada, but as you can imagine i'm part of politically minority, in our leftist city

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   

salem, salem, salem

Falcon Falcon Falcon,
The brits have been nice enough to enslaved us for 300 years and now that Qu�bec is in charge of itself Ontario is constantly whinning. Look the reality in face Falcon, UK as evolved, you don't. If Ontarians want to legalise this law its only of their fault, Qu�beckers are against this law any way.

Pierre Trudeau ? Well I still prefer a Politically correct polititians than a conservative who dived that country under a debt of 583 billions.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   

nope i'm from toronto, the most multicultural city in canada, but as you can imagine i'm part of politically minority, in our leftist city

I know your from Canada, but many Americans feel the same way. About our nation of course.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   

nope i'm from toronto, the most multicultural city in canada,

Yep and the most racist too, if you're not white in that city, better watch your back.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
salem, reread the textbooks, quebec was given tonnes of freedom in the procolomation of 1763, they were given land in present day USA, in the area of the ohio river.

toronto racist ahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah
quebec, the province where english speakers get persecuted oh please tell me your are kidding by calling toronto racist

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   
salem let me tell you something else trudeau started this poltically correct BS, he made our once internationally respected country a piece of dirt, during ww2 while ppl lost their lives and even when the NRMA came into effect he ran into the quebec countryside

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   

salem, reread the textbooks, quebec was given tonnes of freedom in the procolomation of 1763, they were given land in present day USA, in the area of the ohio river.

toronto racist ahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah
quebec, the province where english speakers get persecuted oh please tell me your are kidding by calling toronto racist

My dad is english speaker ( english canadian ), and he never been persecuted in Qu�bec, but my mother has been discriminated because she was french speaking in ontario.
Just for fun, How many provinces in that country have you been ? I'm in the military and I've travelled a lot in Canada and I never disliked a province in that country until I've been in that crappy province of Ontario.
Guess it's not your fault if your racist, it's like a hobby in Toronto right ?

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
what about all those businesses with english signs that got vandalized and in trouble with the language police in quebec,

and toronto has bent over backwards for even dam group, so that we can be politically correct

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

salem let me tell you something else trudeau started this poltically correct BS, he made our once internationally respected country a piece of dirt, during ww2 while ppl lost their lives and even when the NRMA came into effect he ran into the quebec countryside

I didn't know that, I just remember what my grandfather told me, that in ww2 at diepe the english sent the french canadians as cannon folder and that he saw all his friends get killed.

If your so proud of that country why don't you just enter the military ?

That's why people like you and neo are funny, constantly whinning but never done anything.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Nobody it going to get stoned or get their hands chopped off. That is just stupid talk. We have a similar thing already where the natives can also decide their own punishments for certain crimes. The approval still has to come from the Canadian Court.

It does say that the Canadian Court will be the enforcer. The muslims will not be allowed to stone anybody or anything ridiculous like that. Keep in mind that the majority of muslims are not like the fanatics of the Taliban.

Everybody can just relax and quit going off the deep end.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   

what about all those businesses with english signs that got vandalized and in trouble with the language police in quebec,

and toronto has bent over backwards for even dam group, so that we can be politically correct

Language police ?
Well if you call three persons a "language police" then you should stop with the reality altering drugs.

You haven't answered my questions, how many provinces have you visited ?

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Maybe we are all reading too much into this.

wot is wrong in feeding a jewish criminal, kosher food ?

a muslim criminal halal food ?

criminals have rights, and to treat them as their own religion would ask isn;t necessarily the end of a culture.

i think its a good thing canada is doing.

If they preach their religion to justify their crime, then they should be happy with their religion also distating their punishment.

~Messiah~

<< 1    3 >>

join