It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada prepares to enforce Islamic law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is clearly a political loss of direction. Or should I say a loss of national direction.

A nation has its own standards, its own laws and unique culture. That is what makes it a nation. It seems that Canada is forgeting what it is.

"Canadian judges soon will be enforcing Islamic law, or Sharia, in disputes between Muslims, possibly paving the way to one day administering criminal sentences, such as stoning women caught in adultery.

Muslims are required to submit to Sharia in Muslim societies but are excused in nations where they live as a minority under a non-Muslim government.

Delegates elect council to set up Islamic Institute of Civil Justice (Canadian Law Times)

Canada, however, is preparing for its 1 million-strong Muslim minority to be under the authority of a Sharia system enforced by the Canadian court system, according to the Canadian Law Times."

The rest of the story: www.wnd.com...

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That will never happen, this is just a bunch of bs.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Really? Sounds like its pretty much a done deal.

"Muslim delegates at a conference in Etobicoke, Ont., in October elected a 30-member council to establish the Islamic Institute of Civil Justice.

The institute is classified in Islamic law as a Darul-Qada, or judicial tribunal. Its bylaws are scheduled to be drafted and approved by Dec. 31. "

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

"Muslim delegates at a conference in Etobicoke, Ont., in October elected a 30-member council to establish the Islamic Institute of Civil Justice.

The institute is classified in Islamic law as a Darul-Qada, or judicial tribunal. Its bylaws are scheduled to be drafted and approved by Dec. 31. "

So eventually, we will see peoples hands chopped off for stealing in Canada, women not being able to walk around without a burka on.

TC, you hit it on the head in your first post. A loss of National Direction.

So eventually, will we see Africans, Buddhists and Jews all have their own seperate legal system in Canada???

Wow, this world I tell ya.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Just as long as everything operates under the Canadian Constitution, everthing should be okay. By this, I mean all judicial processes must abide by Canadian law.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
So, your constitution will have no problem with stoning adulterers?

Would it be possible that I send my ex-wife up there for about a month? She shouldn't need any longer than that to get a rock concert thrown on her behalf!

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Would it be possible that I send my ex-wife up there for about a month? She shouldn't need any longer than that to get a rock concert thrown on her behalf!

I have a ex gf that fits that bill as well. Hopefully the concert involves many people.

Oh yeah, I can see the muslim women now.......
Its only illegal if we get caught Mohammed.

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Dreamz]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by dexxy

~~++~~

i donno about that...
some sorta compromise WILL be made,

thats what politicians DO....accommodate, compromise,bridge differences,...

Democracy is a delicately balanced mechanism,
a sizeable voting block will wreak havoc...
remember the moonies up in oregon? as an example

Canada is stage 1, later come US cities,then states...

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   

They only want to implement by-laws, which are subordinate to federal law.

It's only a tribunal, which doesn't have final authority. If Islamic people in Canada want to implement this tribunal, then, they can, just as long it's Constitutionally viable.

This action by Canadian law society show the world that we are a truly free country.!

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL

It's only a tribunal, which doesn't have final authority. If Islamic people in Canada want to implement this tribunal, then, they can, just as long it's Constitutionally viable.

This action by Canadian law society show the world that we are a truly free country.!

i dont see what freedom has to do with this, it just proves to me what I suspected all along. Canadians are off their rockers.

No seriously, I don't know much about Canadian government, but whast the point in implementing this if they don't have final authority. Is it just like the Queen, all for show. Either way, it seems kinda BS to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
can't trust them canadians, can ya.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dexxy

Yep I agree that's just a load of Crap.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This idea gets worse and worse the more I think about it.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Their's nothing in our constitution wich stipule that you have the right to do that, I'm far to be racist, but I'm better not seeing any asshole to throw rocks at a woman or I'm going to kick their ass.

I don't where you take your info Ol'tom but you should check out your sources.

That's just morally disgusting.

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Salem]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   

etobicoke, I live in etobicoke, well just another example of why i keep telling you that canada is getting more messed by the day, although i'd like to see the national post or ctv report on this to be 100% sure

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
What the hell do you mean ? is it real ? Don't tell me that it will happen

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

i dont see what freedom has to do with this, it just proves to me what I suspected all along. Canadians are off their rockers.

No seriously, I don't know much about Canadian government, but whast the point in implementing this if they don't have final authority. Is it just like the Queen, all for show. Either way, it seems kinda BS to me.
The point is that we have multi-culturalism inscribed into our constitution, so the canadian gov. lives up to it. It's kind of amazing the there is a country like canada in this world, like a revolutionary one.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamz

The point is that we have multi-culturalism inscribed into our constitution, so the canadian gov. lives up to it. It's kind of amazing the there is a country like canada in this world, like a revolutionary one.

Good one.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

Their's nothing in our constitution wich stipule that you have the right to do that, I'm far to be racist, but I'm better not seeing any asshole to throw rocks at a woman or I'm going to kick their ass.

What, did you not see the rest of the story? Did you comment without clicking through? Do you usually ask questions when the answer has already been afforded?

BTW, who are you to go and interrupt someone else's beliefs in morality by interjecting your own? Kind of goes against multiculturalism, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salem

What, did you not see the rest of the story? Did you comment without clicking through? Do you usually ask questions when the answer has already been afforded?

BTW, who are you to go and interrupt someone else's beliefs in morality by interjecting your own? Kind of goes against multiculturalism, doesn't it?

Multiculturalism : Yes
As long as Human rights are respected.

<<   2  3 >>

join