It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: COMING SOON... History of WCW.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I just got clearance from the mods of this WWE forum (Ocelot and TRD) to create a "History of WCW" report. It won't be here in the WWE forum. It'll either be in Sportz Classicz, or as a "Special Report" in SportzNewz. It will be a continuing research project on my part.

The History of WCW will begin from WCW's break-off from NWA in the late 80's/early 90's and end on March 26th 2001, the day of the last Monday Nitro on TNT. I may continue into WCW's "resurrection" in WWE, but at this point it does not seem likely. I will give special attention to the Monday night war between Nitro and RAW, as that was a main point to WCW's success in the mid-90's.

I am also opening this all to you as well. If anyone has links, pictures or articles to aid the creation of this research report, you can post them IN THIS THREAD. It would be greatly appreciated.

I will use this thread to update the progress of the "History of WCW" report, as well. The report will be in several parts and highlight WCW along the way.

I'll be leaving for Georgia this Friday (8/27) and returning Monday (8/30). I'll be starting the report tonight and continuing to work upon it daily. Once school starts for me (9/7), the report progress WILL SLOW DOWN, but will not stop. I'll try my best to keep this report going.

I'm hoping to start the first part tonight and complete it for release on 9/6 or 9/7. We'll see what happens.

-prophetmike

TRD

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Well this should be damm good and i will be trawling through the thousands of links i have going back over quite a few years and see what i can dig up...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, TRD. Those are gonna help out a lot. I found some links of my own, too. It's gonna be mostly finding sources tonight and tomorrow. I should start writing the report tomorrow night.

History of WCW - Part 1: The Beginnings (Tentative Title)
The expected (hopeful) release date for Part 1 is between 9/7 and 9/10.

More updates as available... keep the links, pics and articles coming! Anyone who submits something of value will be included in the "Thank You" section at the end of the report... (a small bonus... :smug: )

-prophetmike

[Edited on 8/24/04 by prophetmike]

Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sounds good guys, looking forward to it

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
will look forward to reading your reports, good luck with your research

posted on Aug, 29 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
sounds good, looking forward to seeing what your write up. i used to be a fan of the WCW pity it all ended,

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
everybody used to be fan. im looking forward to this. i sure do miss sting

new topics

top topics

join