It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer robots...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The DoD will be testing these robots in Wyoming.

www.casperstartribune.net...

The interesting part of the article is that it places more emphasis on the economic impact of this project than it does the fact that they DoD has these things.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Was I the only one to hear in my head, "Johnny 5 Alive!" when I read the story?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I'm suprised they didnt call them T1's.

Scenes from Robocop come to mind as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Lets make em bigger and call em Mechs!

I can honestly see Mech anized warfare going in the robotic remote controlled fashion. However, these machines are not going to be useful outside of program peramiters, and will be very easy to be captured and reprogrammed if not protected by "Soldiers" anyways. So besides useing them as EOD or in reconnaisance missions and even as sentries I find no practical applications. Not that I am against this, but I see now where all the added spending by our government has gone.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
so the predator unmanned drone is useless? all you need is to set them up as remotely controlled drones, and its just like a big game of cs.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
so the predator unmanned drone is useless? all you need is to set them up as remotely controlled drones, and its just like a big game of cs.

NO.

I said;

Originally posted by ADVISOR
So besides useing them as EOD or in reconnaisance missions and even as sentries...

Never said anything about being "useless", not once did I use that term. PLEASE, do not twist my #ing words!

Exuse my attitude, but are you reading what I type or just glanceing over some of it and makeing statements uneducated like?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Mesa Associates, Inc.

Shows standard robot, as seen used by EOD.

Here is the MATILDA platform.

Joint Robotics Program

This is a listing of associated corporate links.

CCRA

Everyone of the sites in the link above proves to be very interesting. I cannot wait to see where all this technology will go in the next decade.

Here is more on the Government Program/s.

DOD Joint Robotics

The overview

UXO Center of Exellence

Provides info on the third meeting.

Something very interesting.

Unclassified

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the input Advisor...very interesting reading.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   
basically wuts happening here is that all these robots are being formed, they arent going to be mechs(bummer) but more smaller tracked vehicles and UAVs basically. O and imagine a world with ACs
(armored core) i could just imagine, 70 ft tall mechs patroling the skies, combat robot pieces al over the floor. its more realistic and plausible than gundam but that as realistic than mechwarrior for some apparent reason. o and a mech means any manned vehicle lagger than a person and contains a crew of more than 1 person at least. Also gundam arent mechs, they are mobile suits and Armored core and mech warrior are mechs. tanks are considered tranked mechs.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
i knowi this doesnt belong here but is there really a black mesa facility where transdementional portals and species are being tested and evaluated?

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Here's something to add to the pot...

www.usatoday.com...

Looks as if they're trying the Segway's as battlebots too...

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elderban
The DoD will be testing these robots in Wyoming.

www.casperstartribune.net...

The interesting part of the article is that it places more emphasis on the economic impact of this project than it does the fact that they DoD has these things.
It doesn't sound to me that these robots are going to be killers on the battlefield, probably be just used for bomb disposal and local scouting.

top topics

join