It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mpfull.exe has encountered a problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My sister has been trying to install The Sims a couple of times now, and every time she tries, she gets the message: "mpfull.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close" when the innstall is almoast finished. And when she press "ok" on the message, the innstall aborts and she can't play.

Anyone know what the problem might be?
I tried searching on google and Altavista, but I didnt get any results.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Could be a few things...

To start with, I can connect "mpfull.exe" to a couple of programs:

Windows Media Player, and
MPlayer

But not sure why they should cause problems (If it is even to do with those).
Have you/she tried installing Sims on another computer?

I know someone who is having a simular experience, she just says she can't install Sims, she keeps getting error messages. I am going over to sort her out next week, it'll be funny if it's the same error message.

Maybe try a different Sims installation disk? Then if that works, take your copy back and get a new copy. If you have not got that option, just fork out for a new copy.

I cannot really give you much info from the top of my head. If I come accross some more info I will post it here.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Do a search for mpfull.exe. Either rename it to "mpfullSUCKSASS.exe" or cut and paste it somewhere else. That probably won't work but its worth a try.

Another stupid trick to do is find your version of mpfull.exe and transfer it onto her computer. Another thing to do is to reinstall windows media player.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Ok, thanks to both of you for suggestions and info. I will try to # around with mpfull.exe a bit, hehe. I have had sucsess with similar methods other times. Renaming and moving files around, hehe.

She has had The Sims innstalled several times before, so it's probably not the disc... but something that has emerged on the computer in the last few months.

new topics

top topics

join