It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: RVD to quit WWE?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Rob Van Dam's contract will expire on 6/27, there are rumors he has verbally agreed to a new multi-year deal with the company. Though, as of last word he has not officially re-signed.

There had been some talk which has recently subsided, that RVD would be leaving the company once his current contract was up. But there is some feeling that if RVD does leave WWE, there will really be nowhere else for him to go due to the fact that Japan is not what it once was nowadays and most guys who work with WWE don't fathom the idea of going back to Japan. The money is less over there and the style of wrestling is physically harder on the body, as well as the audience response being a lot less.

Many feel that RVD could do well working indies short-term, though he wouldn't even come near what he is earning in WWE and many feel that it is much too big of a risk to take with a career such as this.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
sounds like wwe is losing alot of their big names. all i hear about here is some guy named Brock Lesnar (apparently he's from South Dakota, so our news people think we should care what he's up too), he tried out for the Vikings, and a couple other teams. so my real question is, why is wwe losing it's bigger names?

Ben

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
maybe everybody is unhappy with the way their career is working out with the WWE, i mean its a monoploy and nobody wants to work for a company that can do basically anything that it wants. Because there is nothinge lse out there to challenge them.

join