It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Bradshaws Nazi salute

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
WWE has just released the following statement concerning John Bradshaw Layfield's "Nazi Salute" from the 6/5 Smackdown brand show in Munich Germany.

"WWE and John Layfield deeply regret Mr. Layfield's actions in the ring at our event in Munich, and apologize if it has offended or upset our fans. Mr. Layfield has been reprimanded for his actions."

From what has been said, WWE management in Munich basically just told him not to do it again and there was nothing else done about it at that time. He wasn't even fined at the time.

But once the story broke in the wrestling media, it became a public matter and WWE had to react. WWE has already felt some heat over Bradshaw's actions from some of the people that they do business with. The issue has been raised at CNBC, where Bradshaw works as an on-air analyst, and it would not be surprising to see something arise from that situation.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is a rumor going around at the moment that John Bradshaw Layfield will wrestle his last match at the Great American Bash. It is rumored that Layfield will put over Guerrero before leaving WWE. There are those however who believe that WWE will do nothing and just sweep the incident under the rug.

Ben

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
whats the big deal, i just saw a movie called euro child which had a child doing the nazi salute and it was hilarious...

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Well Ben i guess doing the salute in Germany wasn't exactly the brightess thing to do was it..

Ben

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
O right i didnt see that it was in germany

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Yeha I must say that it probably wasn't their favourite thing to see. Probably saw it as an insult

Ben

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
yea if i was living in germany i would take that as an inslut. BUt do you think the fans over played it

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well i don't know if they over played it but the WWE are gonna get shot of him.

new topics

top topics

join