It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: WWE may remove Cruiserweight Division

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There has been a lot of talk backstage, mainly stemming from Bruce Pritchard, about removing the cruiserweight division on Smackdown which would cause everyone to compete in the same division. Many feel that if this is done, most of the smaller talent would be buried in a sense, as the current division is used to showcase that talent. If the divisions were combined, the cruiserweights could get easily lost in the shuffle, which is the standpoint of many backstage including Dean Malenko who has even notified some of the cruiserweight wrestlers about Pritchard's thoughts.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They can't remove the cruiserweight division!!

What are they crazy! The Cruisers are the most exciting wrestlers to watch in the ring.

Im going to be seriously pissed if this is done.

Ben

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
why woudl they want to do that....everybody loves this division

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
why woudl they want to do that....everybody loves this division

i guess they've just run out of ideas for theses guys... look at what they're doing with chavo sr. on smackdown.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I havent been watching the WWE in quite awhile now, but this isnt WCW. WWE has always done little and cared little about the division. They have done few good things with the division and I would only expect that trend to continue. Personally, I think it would be a good idea if it were remove.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Da Sox
I havent been watching the WWE in quite awhile now, but this isnt WCW. WWE has always done little and cared little about the division. They have done few good things with the division and I would only expect that trend to continue. Personally, I think it would be a good idea if it were remove.

That's true. The WWE has never really cared about the division. But I think it's a good idea to have it so the smaller guys have a place to showcase their talents.

top topics

join