It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Foley sucks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
now before any hardcore foley fans lay into me i want to explain why i dislike the guy at the moment. i dont hate him, in fact i really like him and i respect him.

however i've have a problem with him...

some years ago he wrote a book. have a nice day. i read it cover to cover several times. then i read foley is good. and foley IS good. but one thing i dont like him...is the retirement issue.

yeah he even mentions how other guys have taken the retirement match and made it into a joke and how he wouldnt be like that and he really wanted to mean it...and did, for all of three weaks and then retires again...only to come back to raw some time ago.

now i enjoyed it when he came back in a non wreslting capacity after his retirement but he's made a joke of his own retirement and to some extent his career.

now personally i dont care if the guy wrestles until he's 90 years old. the only thing i have a problem with is what he's said in the past about guys retiring and then doing the exact same thing he basically chastized them for.

he's a great guy, he's very entertaining, he's a good writer and even a good wrestler given his physical problems. but in terms of retirement, foley sucks.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Yeah I know what you mean.

I read that book too. I remember him mentioning once how Terry Funk has retired like 100 times already, and he always comes back. And he said that once he retired he would stay retired.

Frankly I think Mick should retire. He has put his body trough so much hell over the past 15 years that he will end up in a wheelchair or with brain damage if he keeps wrestling the way he does.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i like terry funk too and i was going to mention him as they've had some great matches together, king of the death match in japan being one of their better ones but...

i guess the guy can do as he pleases, its his body and i dont feel like i was lied to but i think in terms of his credibility its hurt him and i think his body will also hurt more and more as he continues down this road.

now one part of me wants to hold him to his word and wants him to retire but another part of me remembers his matches with HHH, the flaming 2x4! i loved those matches and i thought those were a great end to his career but i guess if he wants to keep wrestling thats his business but i'm not sure i wanna see him do it. in fact i've not seen him wrestle since he came back.

but he's like terry funk, he loves what he does and cant seem to stop. watching terry funk is kinda depressing though. here's an old man who cant seem to stop. its great he's got the spunk but his stamina and body wont allow it anymore.

i am afraid that foley is gonna wind up hurting himself really bad one day. remember what he said about droz? remember what he wrote about owen hart? you'd think he'd take his own hints.

i think the brain damage has already been started though considering his decision to return to the ring.

he has a HOT wife and two great kids.

there's a lot to the guy i like that isnt related to wrestling, like his fondness for x-mas. its great to see someone who isnt afraid to act like a child sometimes.

i just feel bad for the guy even though he puts himself thorugh this.

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Foley is one of my favourite wrestlers and yes i thought he had retired for good. I was sad that he did but with the injuries and that he had sustained over the years i thought it was a good move. When i see he was going to wrestle again first of all i was real excited but yeah what you say is right he knocked others for doing it and has now done it himself. He should have stayed out of the ring although i love to see him wrestle it's a bad move.

Ben

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
how many times did he came back?

TRD

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
There is some talk backstage about actually have a Mick Foley-Ric Flair storyline feud that will deal with their real life problems. Foley recently wrote an extensive letter to Flair calling him out on the hypocrisy of telling him one thing to his face and then ripping on him in his book. As it stands right now, Foley's status at SummerSlam is unknown as he is having problems with one of his knees.

Ben

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
that would be a battle of old people, who wants to see old people fight?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
that would be a battle of old people, who wants to see old people fight?

well after watching johnny knoxville and spike jonze as 90 year old men on jackass...i think i lost the taste for watching old people go at it.

someone should take rick flair behind the wood shed and to the honorable thing and put him out of our misery.

by the time mick foley hits rick flairs current age he'll probably be having wheelchair matches! OOOOOH HO HO HO OOOOOOOOOHHH HOHOHOHO! (in honor of mick foley's fake laugh)

TRD

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
LOL TPM.

Yeah i think Flair is past his sell by date. What a great wrestler is his day though.

new topics

top topics

join