It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Undertaker

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Backstage at Smackdown there is some fear going around within the company that Undertaker is going to be running through all of the heels on the Smackdown roster. This comes at a time when Smackdown is sufferring and desperately needs to create new superstars; especially heels. On top of that, the general feeling right now is that the feud with Booker T has done absolutely nothing to elevate Booker T, and it has moreso maybe even hurt him.

For a while now, Undertaker has been referred to as the Triple H of the Smackdown brand, though Undertaker is a true locker room leader and team player in the company; and should get more props than Triple H in that respect. Undertaker is pushing close to 40 years old and is currently being used as a "special attraction" on Smackdown and the feeling is that when you have a guy like that defeat a guy like Booker T, who is on TV every week and is someone who the company is trying to get over as one of the top heels on the brand, it hurts a lot more than it helps.

Undertaker is nearing the end of his career - though, granted, he still has a few years left in him for sure - but many feel that bringing Undertaker back at this stage in his career just to squash other potential star power is pointless. The general feeling is that Undertaker should begin to follow the recent lead set by Triple H on RAW, and begin elevating and doing what he can to 'give the rub' to some of the younger talent on Smackdown. Many have stated that Undertaker is one of the few guys on the brand that can sucessfully elevate new talent and if he is a true locker room leader, he would be helping create new stars for the company so that in the next five to ten years, WWE can be just as strong.

Ben

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Undertaker will help other people by bringing the best out of them for sure.

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There is a strong possibility that Undertaker will wrestle Mordecai at Summerslam this year. On the subject of Mordecai, he is a favorite character of Vince McMahon and will most likely be pushed pretty hard once he improves his ringwork which is said to be subpar at the moment.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
There is a strong possibility that Undertaker will wrestle Mordecai at Summerslam this year. On the subject of Mordecai, he is a favorite character of Vince McMahon and will most likely be pushed pretty hard once he improves his ringwork which is said to be subpar at the moment.

i've been thinking since he came out that these two will wind up going at it and booker t is just small potatoes at the moment.

(BTW booker T sucks as a heel)

mordecai's ringwork doesnt look that impressive to me. but i also dont like this religious BS either. its just not believeable and yeah i know wrestling in general isnt believable but a religious zealot wrestler? whats next? jimmy swaggart giving chairshots? "in the name of jesus i rebuke thee!" SMASH!

but the two characters would clash perfectly i think. if they havent actually thought of this before...then WWE deserves to tank.

sounds like they're treating their talent WCW style, letting them rot , using stupid storylines and pushing people that dont deserve it or shouldnt be pushed to begin with.

TRD

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well i will be looking forward to seeing it. Undertaker was always a fav of mine.

TRD

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It looks like there may actually be a heel turn in the Undertaker's future. There is currently some talk of having him stay with Paul Heyman and the Dudley's, eventually leading to a feud with Eddie Guerrero for the WWE Title.

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Rumors are making their rounds from sources close to WWE that The Undertaker is slated to win the WWE Heavyweight title at some point this year. There is no word on whether Bradshaw will drop the belt to Undertaker at Summerslam, but the word right now is that at some point down the road, Taker will have the title again.

TRD

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Plans are for Undertaker to feud with John Heidenreich following the upcoming Summerslam PPV. McMahon is said to be sold on Heidenreich, but also considers this to be make-or-break time. Observers state that Heidenreich hasn't really improved in the ring since his last run with the company (he worked on Raw as "Big" John Heidenreich and made references to a "Little Johnny" character that never materialized). However, Heidenreich is very popular with the guys backstage, but as one source put it, "He just doesn't have it. There isn't a long line in the locker room of wrestlers who are eager to carry him in matches."

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
It seems there is so many things planned for Taker, you don't know what one they will go with. Either way it should be good and i hope they use him to the full as he is a great wrestler.

new topics

top topics

join