It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Lance Storm quits wrestling?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Monday night in Calgary was a monumental evening for me. For those of you with terrible short term memory, last Monday night was RAW live in Calgary. I’ve done 3 TV events in Calgary, the first was my WWE debut with the first Invasion RUN IN, the second I was not given a match, and this third time I had a match and I am both happy, and sad to tell you that it may have been my last. WHAT? Let's start with, No I have not been fired, and No I am not quitting the business. I am, if I can borrow an expression from good old Vinny Mac, moving onwards and upwards.

A lot of you have been wondering why I have been completely of the road and television the past few weeks; well this is your answer. I have been talking with the office about taking my career in a new direction for some time now. This actually dates back to before WrestleMania. I have been dissatisfied with my in ring career for quite a while. I have been lost in the quagmire for the better part of the year, with no direction, no focus, and quite frankly no forward motion. This isn't anyone's fault so much as it is a compilation of several factors. I have always wanted to be an important part of the product and I had come to the point where I was feeling that I could contribute more outside the ring than I have been inside it.

Rest of the story here

www.stormwrestling.com...

[Edited on 3/5/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The following is an excerpt from Lance Storm's most recent online commentary from StormWrestling.com

"There are a few questions that came up in your letters too, which I will try to deal with this week. First and foremost everyone has been asking about the TNA rumours started by Dave Scherer. I know Dave, or at least did. I haven't talked to him a long time (He worked with ECW.COM) and trust me when I tell you he was just taking educated guesses and was speculating, which he pretty much stated himself. For those of you who missed his piece. Dave speculated that since many guys are sent to OVW before being let go that I could be being terminated and that I would not move to OVW and be away from my family. He then went on to say that TNA officials have claimed that you have not seen the last Lance Storm match. I guess I can't guarantee that WWE isn't planning to let me go, but I am certainly not under that impression. I was the one to initiate my stepping out of the ring, and I actually want to go to OVW, which in and of itself is different from all past cases. As for the road schedule, my wife and I actually worked this out. When the OVW gig was put on the table, my wife and I set up a schedule we could live with and thought WWE could live with and it is that schedule I am currently working under. I am basically doing 2 weeks in and 1 week out. I'm away roughly the same amount of days as before, but my days home are in bigger (more useful) chunks and with the way we have the weekends falling, I am actually home more weekends than I am away, which is HUGE. I have kids, one in grade two and the other in preschool. Having weekends off instead of weekdays, doubles my time with my kids, and will allow my wife and I do things with friends as a couple. Dave should have looked into how my OVW schedule was laying out before posting his piece. As for TNA and not seeing my last match. I did say "never say never", but I assure you I don't currently have any plans with or for TNA. If WWE were to release me that would certainly be an option I would look at but my focus is strictly OVW at this point. A lot of you also asked if I will be working on camera for OVW. I do not plan on working on camera, but this has never actually come up or been discussed. There is always that possibility but I wouldn't hold your breath."

TRD

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Lance Storm has been training Ohio Valley Wrestling for the past several weeks and we have been told he is getting very good marks from his peers. Storm is getting along well with everyone and he's greatly respected for his work and attitude towards the business.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
OVW is in my city. louisville rocks! but only for this reason...

the shows are free BTW...or they were. not sure if they still are.

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Would they still be free if Storm is wrestling in it?

We don't get much good wrestling in the UK only when the WWE comes on tour.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
actually yeah. OVW is where john cena came from, batista , the basham brothers and the new eugene (i feel so sorry for that guy playing out the character of a retard). even WWE superstars have participated in their shows. now some of their shows you have to pay to get into. they have some every couple of months, think of them as PPV type shows. those are the ones you go pay to see. but they have their own studio and those shows were free...not sure if they still are but i believe they are.

OVW is a training ground/territory for WWE talent. konnan was here as was brock lesnar. quite a few superstars came up from OVW and some come to OVW to sharpen theirs skills/knock off the ring rust when returning from injuries.

we've also seen benoit, mick foley...quite a few more i cant remember at the moment.

here's a link to their site

www.ovwrestling.com...

check em out sometime.

[Edited on 6/2/2004 by ThePrankMonkey]

TRD

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hey cheers TPM, i never knew any of that. You learn something everyday!

Yep i will check that link out thanks!

top topics

join