It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Bret Hart returned to the ring

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Bret Hart's returned to the ring last night in Canton, Ohio. His speech wasn't long, but did cover a lot of the issues he's dealt with, from multiple concussions to the stroke. He said he has virtually no feeling on the left side of his body, but he keeps striving to improve. He said he wants to keep improving, and what doesn't kill him will only make him stronger. Three fans were chanting HBK, but he didn't acknowledge them. He thanked the fans quite a few times, but didn't specifically mention a return to television in any role. However, the comments about going through physical therapy and things only making him stronger sure seem to hint that we haven't seen the last of Bret Hart.

[Edited on 2/5/04 by TRD]

TRD

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The latest word on the Bret Hart to WWE situation is that many backstage are expecting a deal to be reached between Bret and WWE by the end of the year.

Sources claim that Bret Hart has requested two things before agreeing to a deal with WWE. Firstly, he wants rights to his footage for home videos. He also is now interested in returning in some sort of storyline where he saves face by getting some sort of one-up over HBK or Vince McMahon, before saying goodbye (properly) to his legion of WWE fans.

Originally, Bret was completely against a storyline return, but now it seems that he might be interested in doing something to finally conclude the fallout from the 1997 Montreal Screwjob. He would still likely make his farewell speech.

Ben

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
it would be nice to see bret comeback but will he i doubt it

TRD

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
As many wrestling fans have seen and heard, there has been much talk lately regarding the situation between Bret Hart and Ric Flair. Though there could possibly be a lot more to the situation than we know.

Shane McMahon and Bret Hart have had numerous talks recently concerning the upcoming Bret Hart DVD. Mainly, the meetings were regarding the DVD and Bret would give Shane input as far as what matches would be on the DVD and such.

Lately we have been hearing that while meetings were specifically for the DVD, it has recently turned into Shane McMahon actually bringing up the subject of a WWE return for Bret.

PWInsider.com

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
OMG!!! If Bret were to return I would actually start watching wrestling again!! Bret Hart is the MAN!! Too bad his injury forced him into retirement.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Bret Hart has already done his thing for wrestling. If he comes back, or is allowed too, I will lose total respect for this industry that is hanging by a thread right now. In the booth, fine. In the ring? Please save this man from himself.

TRD

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
One of the best wrestlers ever but i can't see him making a comeback now...

Ben

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He has done his time and hsould let other people go on

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Why not be a manager? That way he can be involved in the action without having to wrestle.

TRD

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, and Jimmy Hart are all scheduled to appear at the 8/14 Canadian Carnage show which takes place in the Canadian city of Buffalo, NY at the Ballpark. This will be a reunion of the Hart Foundation from years ago.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What Bret has given to the World of Art ,World of loyalty ,dignity ,love and HEROS,no one can ever deny.
It was a pitty to see how he was treated ,but Bret is satisfied and we r satisfied coz we know what he has sacrified
and we love him and will always love him.Since he left WWF i remember none of my friends watched WWF .
We had certain compaigns to BAN local TV channel from showing WWF wrestling in Pakistan (i am a pakistani studying my chartered accountancy in UK)
And they started showing WCW where he was expected. World waited for the documentary on Bret Hart(WRESTLING WITH SHADOWS )to be aware
of the reality ,I knew from the very 1st day back in 1997 when i saw that match , i knew nobody can beat him by sharp shooter he was the best in it and
the way he spitted on Mcmahon.
He was a real HERO,I loved his Hitman charactor since i was 8 years kid,loved the way he use to come and give his glasses to kids,He was a super hero
and he will always be whether he is HITMAN or BRET HART,we loved him and love him and will always love him,since HE IS THE BEST THERE IS,
THE BEST THERE WAS AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE

TRD

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Welcome to sportztawk zaib.....

I have to agree with you there Bret Hart is one of the greatest wrestlers to have ever lived. He is one of my all time favourites.

I'll never forgot that match he had with Stone Cold Steve Austin at Wrestlemania 13 in 1997. It was a bloody match, it was a war. No pin falls, no disqualifications. The only way to win was by submission. Brett had Austin in the sharp shooter and blood was pouring from his head. Austin never submitted he passed out and Brett won the match....One of the best matches i have seen.

Ben

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
He is a great wrestler i dont think anybody is going to say that he isnt. but coming back is a bit of a long shot in my mind. And dont forgot about the greats in teh past, i wouldn't jump to saying he is the best period.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Being that I used to be quite the hardcore WCW fan (can't you tell?
) I never really saw much of Bret in action besides the time he WAS in WCW. WCW did not really treat Bret like they should have. I mean, making Bret join the nWo was one of the worst ideas in my mind. They should have made him one of the biggest combatants against the nWo. His run in WCW was mostly because of the fact that Vince McMahon screwed Bret while in the WWE.

If Bret wasn't in the physical state he's in now, I would certainly enjoyhis return to the ring. After WCW's demise in March of 2001, I decided that since WWE was the only REAL wrestling organization left, I might as well dig into their history a little. I watched old videos from back in the 80s and Bret was there. I enjoyed his style of wrestling a lot.

I still remember Sting wrestling Bret back in WCW... they both had the same finisher... Scorpion Deathlock and the Sharpshooter... w00t.

-prophetmike

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
i dont like the fact that older people are coming back into wrestling isnt it time to have the younger guys wrestle

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
i dont like the fact that older people are coming back into wrestling isnt it time to have the younger guys wrestle

That is one of the major reasons of why WCW died. After the nWo era (early '99), after Bischoff was told to leave, that's when WCW started to ignore the younger talent. It was the worst mistake they could have made. The younger luchadores and others such as Jericho, Malenko, Guerrero and so on were all being ignored. While that was the point that the WWE won over WCW with, its NOW looking like WWE is falling into WCW's death trend. I mean, they brought back old Undertaker (not that I'm complaining
). The younger guys should definitely be given more of a push.

When WCW was dying, the first people to get cut off the roster in order to cut costs were THE YOUNGER GUYS, while they kept the older guys and paid more to have them perform.

It makes no sense... NEW BLOOD RISING shall happen once more...

-prophetmike

EDIT: Word correction. :

[Edited on 8/24/04 by prophetmike]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i have a problem with "older talent" making a "comeback" like this.

first lets look at hogan. yeah he's a legend in the business. he helped made WWE what it is today. his charisma and talent was wonderful. he did a lot for the business in general and has been a huge draw even when the skin started to hang off his body, looked way too bronze and was beyond bald. while he has been a huge draw a problem with that is with every veteran like him you take away the spotlight from younger wrestlers. while they gave him mike and camera time yougner wrestlers were being overlooked ignored or simply pushed to the back burner.

now i cant fault ANY wrestling company for falling back on old mainstays to generate more popularity and business but a balance must be struck between letting veterans stay in the spotlight and giving younger talent a push in the hopes that they'll carry the torch for the veterans when the time comes.

WCW did a poor job of talent management IMO. i still remember one of their stupid referee Vs referee matches, on a damn PPV! i dont think ANYONE wants to see such a match on PPV let alone in general but it's indicative of how WCW squandered some of their younger talent. rey mysterio and jericho being good examples of this. then again WCW had a history of doing things with their roster than never made sense to me. and now it seems whoever was in charge of the talent with WCW is now with WWE as i see the same things going on there now.

i mentioned this "balance" a fed or company must strikes with younger and veteran talent. in the case of bret hart i think letting him wrestle, when he's openly admitted he cant feel anything on one side of his body, was a bad idea in my opinion. i wont even say i understand where's coming from because i dont. i have never had a stroke and god willing i never will but for the good of a company i think letting wrestlers with such "injuries" to wrestle i feel is detremental to the company. sure its great to see a legend but i feel uncomfortable watching those guys wrestle, its like they're doing it because its all they know and all they can do to make a buck in this world. its sad to see them keep coming back over and over. maybe if he had taken on the role of manager, thus allowing him to get physical from time to time AND give him a chance for mike time and camera time and stay in that spotlight, i probably wouldnt be so judgemental of his "return". i also question the motives of those who let him return, namely those who own the ring he wrestles in, my fear is they allow this to happen so they can make a buck at the guy's expense.

i love wrestling very much but lets face it, after a certain amount of time a person gets too old to wrestle. he's not as toned as he use to be, his skills arent as sharp and after numerous injuries one has to consider that wrestlers well being before their own profit margine. this applies to hart, foley hogan and all the other "veterans and legends" that keep coming back time and again. although the one i feel the most sorry for is foley, he does it to himself and i pity him more than hart.

nice to see hart back, but the way he came back doesnt impress me, i just feel sorry for the guy.

new topics

top topics

join