It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue hue on mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Hey everyone,

I was looking at the hubble space pics from Mars and I noticed a blue hue around the perimeter of the planet. Is this a natural phenom or do you think NASA is still altering the images?

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ice particles in the atmosphere, sometimes blue/white clouds can be seen in the pics.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Great Picture! Thanks for posting it. Makes a good desktop background. Maybe its some type of Arora from the solar flares.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It's ice in the atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
hehe...cool picture lol. Its just ice, lol, goodnight folks..

-wD

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That's a beautiful picture, I'd have to agree with the rest about ice particles/clouds.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Could be ice particals, but do you think that mars might just possibly have an atmosphere... I mean it very well could and they not be telling us. It is weird how NASA, the gov, blaa blaa all want to land there so bad they can taste it, but only landed on our moon one time... I think they may very well be life on mars, and that the ice on the north and south poles are Ice... Not dry ice as they think, but frozen water. Oxygen and other gases combined gives planets that blueish tint to the atmosphere... So don't you think that there is really a chance that we actually do have another planet with life not to far from us?????? Hell Osama and Sadam might be hiding there =) But in all seriousness... Just a thought

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mig12

mig12 is right, its just ice, but its a great picture thou

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Dravenn, Mars does have an atmosphere, from NASA itself:
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Martian Atmosphere

Surface pressure: 6.36 mb at mean radius (variable from 4.0 to 8.7 mb depending on season)
[6.9 mb to 9 mb (Viking 1 Lander site)]
Surface density: ~0.020 kg/m3
Scale height: 11.1 km
Total mass of atmosphere: ~2.5 x 1016 kg
Average temperature: ~210 K (-63 C)
Diurnal temperature range: 184 K to 242 K (-89 to -31 C) (Viking 1 Lander site)
Wind speeds: 2-7 m/s (summer), 5-10 m/s (fall), 17-30 m/s (dust storm) (Viking Lander sites)
Mean molecular weight: 43.34 g/mole
Atmospheric composition (by volume):
Major : Carbon Dioxide (CO2) - 95.32% ; Nitrogen (N2) - 2.7%
Argon (Ar) - 1.6%; Oxygen (O2) - 0.13%; Carbon Monoxide (CO) - 0.08%
Minor (ppm): Water (H2O) - 210; Nitrogen Oxide (NO) - 100; Neon (Ne) - 2.5;
Hydrogen-Deuterium-Oxygen (HDO) - 0.85; Krypton (Kr) - 0.3;
Xenon (Xe) - 0.08

More information on Water on Mars:
www.spacetoday.org...

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by Kano]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by mig12

mig12 is right, its just ice, but its a great picture thou

But if it's just ice in the atmosphere why is this the first pic that clearly shows it. There have been hundreds of pics from Mars and this one is the first I have ever seen that has blue in it.....

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thats interesting, did you bother having a look online before posting that?

Its present in a good deal of real pictures of the planet.

seds.lpl.arizona.edu...

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dravenn
It is weird how NASA, the gov, blaa blaa all want to land there so bad they can taste it, but only landed on our moon one time...

We didn't land on the moon one time. We landed on the moon multiple times.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The ET's have placed something behind the sun which is causing the strange solar activity. This is (I don't know how) helping to re-create the atmospher on Mars so it somday can be made livable again.

The earth is also being used in a way. We are giving up part of the earths atmospher to help them. This is one of the reasons for HAARP and Chemtrails. The earth can regenerate the air we give to them.

Mars has been rumored to be where ET's still live in unerground complexs. The Grays have engineered a new biological body tailered just for that planet.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Here is a good link on the blue sky. Make sure you check out the links as well, as they are very informative...

mars-news.de...

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Here is a good link on the blue sky. Make sure you check out the links as well, as they are very informative...

mars-news.de...

Those pics are awesome. Why would NASA want to keep the truth about a blue sky hidden? It wouldn't change anything? Or, do you think the atmosphere is breathable and they just don't want the public to know it? That would be interesting. Who's up for a trip to Mars???

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
As far as I know, all pictures taken in space are artificially colorised. The satelite or probe sends several images of different wavelengths etc. which are later received on Earth where a composite colage is made.

The message about the ETs stealing our atmosphere seems less than likely. If they wanted to make an atmosphere on Mars, they need water and energy. They seem to have the hang on most of that. But coming to take our air and transport it to Mars? Get real. Give me a bunch of robots and a small factory making steel, carbonfibles or like and glass, some seaplants, an iceberg, a spaceship and a nuclear powerplant, and I'll do it for them. Just don't come here and steal the air and ice we need to cool down this planet until it bursts! We wouldn't want to have that happening too soon, now would we?

As for the blue hue. I know the Earth is far away from Mars, but the two planets are infact at the closest distance from eachother they have been for tens of thousands of years. Could the blue hue be a reflection of Earth or is that completely bogus?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
That is exactly what I was getting at when I was bashed for mistaking how many times we landed on the moon and not explaining my atmosphere example enough.. What I was trying to say in my last post was why are we not taking advantage of Mars being so close to earth now and plan a mission to get there. Honestly. I honestly think that there is more to Mars than they are letting us know. I think that Mars does in fact have an atmosphere more like ours and could possibly be breathable. And by the way... We never landed on the moon.... That was a stage that they created to make us think they have.. =) Just messing...lol

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
There are infact four probes on their way to Mars as of now. European, American and Japanese. They're all looking for life, minerals and water. However I doubt there is still a breathable athmosphere there now, but I do believe that Mars was once a living planet much like our own. If there had been an oxygen layer thick enough to sustain life, I believe we would see more evidence of life there, like plants and marine environments containing life. The more I look at the pictures of the planet, I more and more get the feeling that I'm looking at a giant war ruin. What's left after an extensive, world widenuclear war. Look at all the craters and how many of the structures look engeneered, or atleast manipulated in order to either hide something or make it into something it isn't. But what do I know....

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Right on Mr Kano, ice particles it is.
I'd love to say those were clouds on the bottom, but they're not, just ice...

- Tass

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dravenn
And by the way... We never landed on the moon.... That was a stage that they created to make us think they have.. =) Just messing...lol

Ok, I know this topic is way over done on this board. It's been brought up more than enough times...but..I have a question. People who believe in UFO's and aliens, get less flak than someone who happens to think we never landed on the moon ! Why?! Does dubting the lunar landing mess with your patriotism? There are degrees of acceptance to conspiracy theorists.
Some ideas people have just set other people off. I for one, do not think we "landed" on the moon. We may have orbited or come close, but I think the technology at the time did allow for the landing and subsequent takeoff of a flimsy piece of sheet metal guided by a "computer" with the operating power of a calculator.

***...as I duck the Neil Armstrong statues thrown at me***

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join