It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your mind controls danger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
does your mind control the levels of danger you are likely to encounter?
this isn't another " how spoon bending with ur mind" rant

a reasonable question, needing a certain level of mental aqcuity to resolve.
is it the ultimate weapon of original sources, as in, a typical scenario: a man in a car crash, having witnessed the outcome of your average crash is likely to die.

if an ignorant being was sat at the wheel and told to floor it, it would have no clue of the outcome, ergo: it is less likely to die

ie, this: www.news.com.au...
ramble
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Your mind controls everything. Unfortunately 99% of us don't know how to use it properly and we are ignorant of that and how that works. That's the reason why the world is the way it is right now.

The baby probably didn't see any danger at all and didn't experience any fear. The more fear a person has (the worse he or she is feeling), the worse the experiences will be. Negative (and positive) emotion fuels thought, which creates.

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
((Posted by Diseria -- Wyrdeone's g/f))

TheBandit: I agree. Somehow I think over the millenia we've lost something (mind control/ control over one's own mind) invaluable. Sadly, we don't even know what we've lost...

The mind determines what is perceived as reality; if a person truly believed that gravity did not affect them, maybe even that gravity did not exist, then, in theory, they could do some crazy stuff without even breaking a sweat. (A la 'Bullet Proof Monk' -- bad movie, great ideas.)

Honestly, I can't say one way or another if a person can truly effect (affect?) any given situation. I often debate whether something was coincidence or somehow pre-determined. For example: Walking down the street, I see a possibly dangerous situation, I automatically cross my fingers and say to myself, 'no trouble, no trouble' and (thus far) nothing's happened. Do I know 100% that it was me who made it happen? (or, rather, kept something from happening)? No. Indeed, I'm the first one to wonder if the situation would have occured any differently had I not crossed my fingers.

But I can't deny the possibility either. So I keep playing with it.

*bows*
-Diseria

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
mods are mods ... mods will be mods ... forever

new topics

top topics

join