It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Help Please! Vote for Echelon!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
way to go, we are going to single-handly take her into first place.

TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
way to go, we are going to single-handly take her into first place.

Not enough time for that,maybe next month and they are voting aswell on another site (ats)

Ben

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
well lets keep it rolling over

TRD

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Yep a whole new month of voting 6th place is going to be hard to beat but if everyone keeps it up i reckon we can get echelon higher up the charts. :bounce:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Muy long post. Call it some venting.
Saturday was a rough night for me.
I had a hellaciously good match, don't misunderstand. I was on the receiving end of a chairshot to the head that would make Mick Foley proud, and have the dented-up thing ready to hang on my wall as proof.

The bad stuff happened during our semi-main event tag title match. And this is "real," not something manufactured to make the show more interesting. Please make no mistake about that.
(this is also a pretty blatant look "behind the scenes," which I don't often do...)
So we're sitting there in the locker room watching the show on our monitors. Everyone's cranked up because the crowd has been abso-freakin-lutely insane-hot right from the start. They start doing a funky little "Hooo - Jo" chant before the bell rings, and Hojo obligingly does some fancy footwork on the apron that would make James Brown smile in time to the chant. It's beautiful, and we're all going nuts.
Now, Hojo's my boy. I love him dearly, he's like a brother and a best friend in one. I'd honestly take a bullet for that man.
The match goes on and we're just enjoying it for what it is. About ten minutes in, some of us start getting that little "concerned" bug in our guts, because Hojo's acting a little funny. He could just be "selling" an injury, but our Spidey-sense is starting to go off. Something just doesn't seem right.
There's no signal of trouble, though, and the match is continuing, so we relax.
The end of the match comes, and Hojo goes to hit his finisher (a Fameasser) and ... well, it's never looked so bad. People are starting to stand up backstage, and we're looking at each other and not quite willing to say what we're all thinking.
The bell rings, and .... Hojo just lies in the ring. One second...two...three.... his tag partner is crouched over him. I grab one of the bookers. "(Booker), is he supposed to stay down like this??? What the f*ck is going on?" He gets out a 'no' and then the ref comes running in.
"Hojo dislocated his shoulder."
I can't speak for anyone else backstage, but I felt like I'd been kicked in the proverbial nuts. I heard some words shouted from the booker, I don't remember what they were, but the only thing on my mind & on my lips was "I'm going to get him."
I always cry when one of my guys gets hurt. This time was no different, and I wasn't halfway to the ring before I started.
And the crowd didn't know it wasn't "part of the show" yet, and I heard them cheer & scream when I came barrelling out. Vaguely, in the back of my mind, I wanted to yell at them, to tell them this was serious, but god ... my best friend was lying there in a fetal position hollering in pain. "I think it's broken, I think it's broken," he kept saying. His right shoulder was grossly deformed.
The "good guys" followed me out in short order, then all the refs. The refs called for security. I frantically motioned for the cameras to stop rolling. The crowd suddenly got real quiet.
We managed to get him out of the ring somehow, our biggest security guys stretching the ropes apart to an impossible distance so Hojo wouldn't have to move much to get through them. We made it to the hallway leading backstage; someone brought a chair for him to sit on.
You didn't need to be a doctor to see that something was very, very wrong with his shoulder. Having dislocated both of my shoulders more than once, I began to get very concerned about the amount of pain he was in.
Someone got Hojo's things together. Someone else got mine. The person I carpooled with to the show (who shall remain nameless for the sake of wrestling integrity) pulled my car around to the back door, and we loaded everything, including Hojo, in.
Forward to the emergency room. While the car is being parked, I make sure Hojo gets thru the front door and then go running up to the desk hollering about a possible broken arm. Mind you, I'm still in my wrestling gear, with my "scary" makeup on, so this can't be a very appealing site at 10:30pm. It does make for some quick service, though. A nurse comes and takes us all to X-ray. They take the pictures and kindly pop the films onto the lightboxes in the hall where we can all see.
I've never seen a dislocation quite that bad before. The bone didn't go "out" like most ... it went "in," towards his ribs, and down a bit. Completely out of joint. It was ... horrific.
I elected to stay with Hojo in the treatment room thingy until they started working on him (I'll bet the doctors were thrilled...) while my carpool buddy took my cellphone to call back a status report to the show that was still going on. After a few minutes, they gave him morphine and I got ejected to the lobby....
Where I found some of our fans. They'd left the show and come to the hospital. They sat with us as we waited... after 30 minutes, a nurse came out to tell us that they were still working on Hojo. We waited some more. Half an hour after that, the nurse came back to say that they were done and 1 person could go back. I knocked over a soda and tripped over my carpool buddy in my haste to get back to his room.
He was still sedated and just about asleep when I got back, but woke up when I patted his (good) hand. I got a dopey smile and a rather hoarse utterance of his nickname for me when he opened his eyes. "You're done," I told him. "And Calvin & gang are out in the lobby." (aka the aforementioned fans). I told him he was staying at my house that night so I could keep an eye on him, and he told me we were stopping back at the arena so the guys could see he was okay. (we normally spend a couple hours after the show ends tearing down & cleaning up.)
I got the scoop from the doc (namely, how the morphine hadn't worked & they'd had to piggyback some Versed to sedate him, and how it had taken an hour to get the shoulder reduced) and his discharge instructions, and we got him the heck out of there.
We did indeed stop back at the arena, where the loudest cheer of the night came from the wrestlers cleaning up the last bits of trash left behind as we walked through the door. And I did make him stay at my house, where we figured out how his sling works and I could help him put on his belt & deoderant (now THAT is a dedicated friend, I tell ya!)

So he's shelved for at least 6 weeks. And now, like me & one of our other guys, he'll be more prone to dislocations in the future. He may learn how to reduce them himself (like we can); it's a terrible thing to hope for, but it's a reality in this business.
So for all the autographs we sign, there's something to counter it that keeps most of us humble. The threat of injury, or actually dealing with one, is the biggest.

I'll shut up now. I've gone on long enough.

-E.

Ben

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
thats very sad to hear what happened to your buddy. I hope that he is ok and is going to make a speedy recover, adn that nothing like htat will happen in the nar future.

How did you dislocate your should?

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
thats very sad to hear what happened to your buddy. I hope that he is ok and is going to make a speedy recover, adn that nothing like htat will happen in the nar future.
How did you dislocate your should?

He should be back in about 6 weeks, we hope. My last dislocation was 3 months ago, and I didn't miss a match, but I still feel it.

Mine have all come from wrestling. The first one on each shoulder was the worst (the one three months ago was the first on my left shoulder), but they're less painful each time.

-E.

Ben

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
thats tought to not miss a match. did it happen during a match? how did it happen?

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
thats tought to not miss a match. did it happen during a match? how did it happen?

Yeah, it happened towards the beginning of a match for the tag titles. I did a running neckbreaker, but as we were falling I realized positioning wasn't right. I swung my left arm up to push him "away" from me, to protect everyone's neck & head, and when we landed, my left arm was behind my head.
*POP*
I tagged out, got out on the apron, and put the thing mostly back in place.
Then I finished the match. Afterwards, I went home and got it the rest of the way back in joint.

Like I said, this wrestling thing ain't always glamourous.

-E.

TRD

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Echelon great post i hope ya friend is ok.

Yep wretling doesn't seem all the glamour and glitz like you see on the TV.

It sounds like you really enjoy your wrestling.

Lets hope we can keep that voting going!!!

Ben

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
wait!? are you saying that he put it back into place all by yourself?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
echelon has my vote

Ben

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
she is one tough cookie though, thats all i got to say. HEHEHE

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
echelon is down to 9th place. we can do better than that....VOTE FOR ECHELON

TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm voting everyday!!

Ben

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
same here, she should be moving up.

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
wait!? are you saying that he put it back into place all by yourself?

Yes, I put my shoulder back in joint myself.
My right one dislocates pretty easily -- hell, I can even do it at will to freak people out -- so there's no real need to spend hours in an ER to have someone else do it.

Sorry to have taken so long to answer, I was getting ready for last night's streetfight.
I won.

From all accounts, it was some straight ECW sh*t we pulled off. I'll have the full show results posted tonight or tomorrow night, but here's a little tidbit on my match:
www.livejournal.com...

Thanks so much for voting for me still! The standings are always a little weird at the beginning of the month, so I'm not worried at all about being in 9th place.

-E.

TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Congrats Echelon on winning..way to go..:bounce:

Hrmm the cockpunch don't like the sound of that LOL!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Congrats Echelon on winning..way to go..:bounce:
Hrmm the cockpunch don't like the sound of that LOL!!!!!

LOL!!
Well, he threw me out of the ring and stood there talking junk! "That's what you get for messing with me!" he said. I swept his legs out and pulled him halfway out under the bottom rope, then hauled off and punched him in the ..... yeah.
That was one of the best crowd reactions I've ever heard. There was a full second of utter silence (this from a crowd who didn't stop screaming all night), then a rather pained "Ooooooohhhhhhh...."

-E.

TRD

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Well i guessed what it was and it would have made my eyes water if i had seen it lol

I bet that was really funny did ya laugh after you did it and got that sort of reaction from the crowd? I know i would have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join