It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Help Please! Vote for Echelon!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Damm i hate it when that happens,it just don't seem fair and when the ref was out,remember revenge is sweet..

""Ever seen a chick in a no-DQ, no-countout, falls count anywhere Gastonia streetfight??
""

ermm no i havn't it sounds exciting,wouldn't like to be in a back alley though when that happens..lol

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Can i get a tape of that match, i wanna see a girl do that kindof stuff.

I'll see what I can do. Might not have a copy of the tape until closer to the end of February, but I could probably send you a copy.

-E.

Ben

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
how often do you fight?

how did you get started?

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
how often do you fight?
how did you get started?

As often as I can get booked!
Right now 2-3 shows a month, because all the feds in the general area run on Saturdays. I'd be able to do more if I could find me some Friday or Sunday shows.

How I got started... well, I've watched wrestling since I was a little girl. It was always one of those things, like something you want to do but it's out of your reach. Like how a lot of kids want to be a rock star or a football player, that kind of "dream."
Come about 3 1/2 years ago, one of my friends talked me into actually giving it a shot. At the time, I was fortunate enough to be involved with the Dudley Boys' official website, and both Bubba & Devon also encouraged me and gave me advice. I started researching trainers in my area (at that time, DC) and settled on one that I felt was best. I got a tryout, and was subsequently accepted to Larry Sharpe's Monster Factory.
After 9 months of training, I had my first match down here in Charlotte. After a few more months dividing my time between training in DC & wrestling down here, I moved to Charlotte for good...and I haven't looked back since!
Been doing this for 3 years now, and I never stop training. There's always a new move to learn, or work to do on modifying a move. I've recently come up with a modified Samoan Drop; rather than the "normal" move, I start from a dead stand, and 'throw' my opponent behind me. I call it the "Smurftoss."
(funny thing, I haven't named a single one of my "named" moves. Frog in a Blender, Fatal Error, Smurftoss ... friends have named them all!)
I also got to watch my first student get his first match, and now I get to see him get better every show.

Yeah. I've rambled on, haven't I? See what happens when someone gets me started?

-E.

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
thats pretty hot E. I would like to get into something like that as well. But i think that i will be a little to afraid of getting hurt along the lines. And i hear taht you have to have literaly no fear.

Does wrestlers have the match riged. Like when they are going into a match do they know if they are going to win or lose and what is going ot happen

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
That is great,you are actually fulfilling your dream,not many people get to do that.

Excellent you met the Dudley's and they gave you advice that is cool.

The Dudley's rock!!

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by freak29
thats pretty hot E. I would like to get into something like that as well. But i think that i will be a little to afraid of getting hurt along the lines. And i hear taht you have to have literaly no fear.
Does wrestlers have the match riged. Like when they are going into a match do they know if they are going to win or lose and what is going ot happen

Make no mistake. Anyone who gets involved in pro wrestling will get hurt. You'll get stitches and concussions and likely break at least one bone, and you will definately pay the price later in life. I already have arthritis in one hip, and have pre-arthritic changes in my neck.
I'm only 27. I'll probably have to have at least 2 joints replaced before I'm 60.
And no, you can't have any fear. A healthy respect for the dangers, yes, but fear? Hell no. If you're scared, you'll hurt yourself or, more likely, someone else real bad. And that's just for a regular old match ... when you've got something like a ladder match, or a streetfight, or anything like that, fear can get you killed.

Going into a match, yes, we know who'll win. We've admitted to that for a long time now.
But generally I have no idea what sort of moves my opponent will do, or hell, even what I'm gonna do!

Originally posted by TRD
That is great,you are actually fulfilling your dream,not many people get to do that.
Excellent you met the Dudley's and they gave you advice that is cool.
The Dudley's rock!!

Yeah, now that they don't have an official independent site, I don't get to talk to them. One day I'll catch up to 'em and thank them for their encouragement.

-E.

TRD

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
That would be cool..

Hey when are they updating the Glory Site is been well over a week since last time?

I hope everyone is still voting..

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
how do people decide who will win the match

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sportsmaster
how do people decide who will win the match

That's what the bookers are for. They're like your bosses in wrestling. On TV, Vince McMahon and a few others decide; in my fed we've got three guys who work together to kind of guide things. It's up to the wrestlers, usually, to get from point A to point B, especially if they're good at what they do.

-E.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i get it now thanks a bunch do you get any say in if you win matches or not

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Echelon you sound like you train hard,it must be tough getting in the ring with the men.

I wonder how the vote is going?

TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I just checked the voting hasn't been updated yet.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sportsmaster
i get it now thanks a bunch do you get any say in if you win matches or not

Sometimes, yes. I generally don't ask for changes, but some people do.

Originally posted by Speedfreak
Echelon you sound like you train hard,it must be tough getting in the ring with the men.

It's just as tough on them, I'm sure. Take it as you will, but I hit just as hard as the guys do, and can take just as much punishment. It's tough getting in the ring, no matter the gender!

-E.

Ben

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
would you ever like to be on the show tough enough or is that for people less suprior to you

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
would you ever like to be on the show tough enough or is that for people less suprior to you

It's not a matter of superiority.
I've already learned what they teach on Tough Enough...and I don't want to work for the WWE. Look at where the female Tough Enough winners are: Nidia, Miss Jackie, Shaneequa (sp?). That's not what I do, and not a direction I'd like to take my career.
I'm a wrestler, not a glorified Playmate...

-E.

Ben

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
ahhh i see.....how come you wouldnt want to work for the WWE

posted on Jan, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i know this may be a personal question.....but as of current is wrestling were you are your full-time job...and if it is how much do you make?

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
When are you in the ring next?

Hrmm i just checked the voting your in 19,you seem to have dropped a bit but they only updated it for 3 days its still on the 6th.Has everyone been voting once a day?

posted on Jan, 16 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
ahhh i see.....how come you wouldnt want to work for the WWE

Cuz I ain't in this to be T&A. No boobjobs, no bikini matches...I didn't break all these bones to be paraded about instead of being treated as a wrestler.

Originally posted by godfather602
i know this may be a personal question.....but as of current is wrestling were you are your full-time job...and if it is how much do you make?

No, I have to have one of those "day job" things to pay the bills. One day I won't have to....one day.
*sighs*

Originally posted by The Terminator
When are you in the ring next?
Hrmm i just checked the voting your in 19,you seem to have dropped a bit but they only updated it for 3 days its still on the 6th.Has everyone been voting once a day?

1/24, 1/31, 2/7 are my next 3 shows.
Feb 7 is an annual event for my fed called Brawl Games...it's kind of the equivilent of a WWE PPV, where we'll have special matches and stuff. Main event is gonna be, like every Brawl Games, held in a barbed-wire topped cage!

John updates the votes over at GLORY periodically...he counts them by hand and eliminates duplicate votes so there's no stuffing the ballot box. I hope to see an update sometime this weekend.

-E.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join