It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Who are WWE tag team Champs now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Cos i visted the wwe website but doesnt say it does mention a team called "the World best tag team " or something like that/

TRD

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I havnt got a clue of the top of my head i would have to go look and find out,but someone must know on the board so i will leave it to them...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
ok the WWE (RAW) World Tag Team Champions are La Ressistance.

and the WWE (Smackdown) World Tag Team Champions are Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
ok the WWE (RAW) World Tag Team Champions are La Ressistance.

and the WWE (Smackdown) World Tag Team Champions are Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas

Never heard of them, who are La Ressisstance?

And same for Benjamin and Haas did they go by other names b4??

thanx Ocelot

TRD

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would like to know who they are aswell,i dont watch it as much as i used to...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Here are the (RAW) Tag Team Champs:

RENE DUPREE

Height: 6 foot 3
Weight: 250 pounds
Career Highlights: World Tag Team Champion

If you live in America, you know that most Americans have a sour taste in their mouth when it comes to the French. Rene Dupree doesn't make it any easier to take a liking to them. The youngster is as French as they come, and he's damn proud of it. Alongside Sylvan Grenier, Rene is one-half of RAW's hottest new tag team, La Resistance. Together, they are intent on showing the world that they are stronger, smarter and in every way superior to their American counterparts.

Dupree, the youngest of RAW's Superstars, is the son of a wrestling promoter and wrestled his first professional match at age 14. He also has competed as a bodybuilder, winning a prestigious national tournament to qualify for competition against the best in the world. But Dupree shelved his bodybuilding career to come to WWE, and he has made an immediate impact by capturing the World Tag Team Championship at Bad Blood 2003. The victory put Dupree in the record book as the youngest World Tag Team Champion in WWE history. Company officials say Dupree has unlimited potential and expect him to make sizeable contributions for years to come.

And His Partner:

SYLVAN GRENIER

Height: 6 foot
Weight: 235 pounds
Career Highlights: World Tag Team Champion

Sylvan Grenier has good looks, impressive athletic abilities, and an overabundance of arrogance. But then again, Grenier is French, so his condescending attitude toward all his RAW competitors is to be expected. Grenier and his tag team partner, Rene Dupree, form La Resistance. The two are intent on proving their superiority over not just their opponents, but over Americans in general.

Grenier's good looks are what first caught the eye of WWE officials. He has an extensive modeling background, and also excelled in numerous sports, such as hockey, baseball and tennis before selecting an in-ring career.

[Edited on 29-7-2003 by Ocelot]

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Here are the (Smackdown) Tag Team Champs:

SHELTON BENJAMIN

Height: 6 foot 2
Weight: 248 pounds
Career Highlights: WWE Tag Team Champion

How's this for a contingency plan? A charter member of Team Angle - the group responsible for having Kurt Angle's back -- Shelton Benjamin is a collegiate All-American in track and a four-time All-American in wrestling. Rumor has it, he was the only man capable of taking down Brock Lesnar. Luckily, the two were on the same team, competing for the University of Minnesota.
It seems like a no-brainer that Benjamin would come to WWE and align himself with Angle. The Superstars have two of the best amateur backgrounds in WWE history. Although Benjamin may not have an Olympic gold medal like Angle, he was one of South Carolina's finest high school athletes. He starred in wrestling (heavyweight state champion his junior and senior years), track (state 100 meter champion) and football (two-time All-State selection). He then went on to Lassen Community College in Susanville, Calif., where he again starred in wrestling (1996 NJCAA Champion) and track (100 meter junior college champion), before he transferred to Minnesota. After graduating, he spent two seasons at Minnesota as an assistant coach for the wrestling team, where he trained Lesnar, among others.

Benjamin could have continued his amateur wrestling career - perhaps trying for the Olympic team. But, as a lifelong WWE fan, he jumped at the opportunity to become a Superstar. So today, instead of training to become an Olympic gold medalist, he's protecting one.

And his Partner:

CHARLIE HAAS

Height: 6' 2"
Weight: 242 pounds
Career Highlights: WWE Tag Team Champion

Charlie Haas� inclusion in Team Angle should come as no surprise. Like 1996 Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle, Haas has an impressive amateur wrestling background. A former state champion high school wrestler, Haas earned a full athletic scholarship to Seton Hall University, becoming a four-year starter and a two-time Big East Champion. But his abilities aren�t limited to the wrestling mat. Haas was an Academic All-American while competing for the Pirates, and even worked for a time as a Goldman-Sachs stockbroker before signing with World Wrestling Entertainment.

Charlie had hoped to enter the WWE spotlight alongside his twin brother Russ. The two once formed a potent tag team combination in the independent wrestling world, competing side by side as the Haas Brothers. Russ� untimely death in November 2001 forced Charlie into the singles ranks. The desire to honor his brother�s memory by realizing their shared dream of becoming WWE Superstars drives Charlie each time he steps into the ring.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanx Ocelot great info cheers

new topics

top topics

join