It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: The best there was, the best there is and the best there every will be.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I think we should set-up a tourney to find the best/favourite wrestler in the eyes of us Sportz Tawkers.

Haven't put much thought into this as I just started typing away, but how about a singles match elimination contest with the most popular 32 wrestlers from our listings competing for the number one spot?
If everyone posts a not too long list of their top wrestler, we can vote as a group who should make the final 32 and carry on from there��

Let me know what you think and fire away with any suggestions and improvements.

TRD

posted on Jul, 14 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   
TeflonDon good idea...If you look in the top ten favourite wrestlers thread and take them from their and obviously add any of the good wrestlers that havnt been mentioned...

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You dont need that. I can tell you who the greatest wrestler in history is. And thats the 16-time Heavyweight Champion of the World Ric Flair!! Wooooooooo!!!! The only guy that even come close is Hulk Hogan.

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'll post a list of all the wrestlers mentioned in the previous thread (I'm up to over 60), we can then add any others and decide which 32 should take part.....

TRD

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ok TeflonDon sounds good...!

Ric Flair who's that??? LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Ok TeflonDon sounds good...!

Ric Flair who's that??? LOL

WHO's THAT!!! LOL!!! WOOOOOO!!!

TRD

posted on Jul, 16 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Ahhhh this RIC FLAIR....

Alias: Nature Boy Ric Flair, Real Worlds Champion Ric Flair

Most Notable Titles: 13 time WCW Heavyweight Champion, 2 Time WWF Heavyweight Champion

Famous Feuds: Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, Hulk Hogan, Terry Funk, Magnum T.A., The Rock and Roll Express, Randy Savage, Curt Hennig.

History

After dropping out of wrestling school three times, and being a mid carder his first couple years, Richard Fleihr struck gold as being the second coming of the Nature Boy. He named himself after Buddy Rogers, borrowed his Figure Four Leg Lock and went on to great success in the NWA for the next two decades. After winning many World titles, feuding with the greatest wrestlers the NWA had to offer and leading the Horsemen, he got into a dispute with NWA/WCW management and went to the WWF. After making his way back to WCW in 1993, he began to feud with Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage and old opponents like Sting. After a dispute over a day off in early 1998, the Nature Boy began sitting it out while he awaited the decision on a lawsuit that may be the key to the rest of his career.

After sitting out most of the year due to the lawsuit, the Nature Boy finally made it back to the ring on September 14th, 1998. He was part of the reforming of the Horsemen, with Arn Anderson as manager, and Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, and Steve McMichael as stable mates. It looks like the Nature Boy will be feuding with the likes of WCW President, Eric Bischoff for the remainder of 1998.

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 05:41 AM
link   
That's an old article you attached TRD!!

Flair owes alot to Buddy Rogers, he basically ripped off his character, although he took it way into the next level.

TRD

posted on Jul, 17 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeflonDon
That's an old article you attached TRD!!

Flair owes alot to Buddy Rogers, he basically ripped off his character, although he took it way into the next level.

Yeah Teflon im old myself...lol

I had this on my computer and i couldn't be bothered to search for some upto date info on Flair.....Wooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Well now this all depends, there are great phsyical wrestlers, and entertainign wrestlers, with back stage antics, rapping (see john cena) and charisma.

I'd say the best wrestler in terms of overall entertainment is Mankind -- He takes a hit like no one's business, plus everything he does pisses off Vince, and who doesnt hate vince?

The best physical wrestler id say is Ken Shamrock -- anyone who can makei t IFC is one helluva athlete

top topics

join