It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: Kurt Angle back?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Despite not being set to return till the June 3rd SmackDown! taping, Kurt Angle has officially received medical clearance to return to the ring, according to WWE.com.
Kurt Angle has been doing some basic in-ring training, and plans to do even more to get in as best of shape as he can for his return in June.

Tentatively, Kurt Angle will be feuding with Brock Lesnar upon his return, leading to a match at Vengeance.This should be good to see him back..

posted on May, 23 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Great to hear that he was able to make a speedy recovery. Kurt Angle (besides Chirs Benoit) is the best wrestler in WWE right now.

TRD

posted on May, 24 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It will be good to see Kurt back as you say,he is a big star and is missed...

posted on Jun, 4 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think the best thing about kurt is his mic skills. He is a great performer, but every time he speaks I cant help but laugh.

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
I think the best thing about kurt is his mic skills. He is a great performer, but every time he speaks I cant help but laugh.

True, true (
)

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
my favorite memory of Kurt is when he sprayed the milk all over the rink lol

posted on Jun, 5 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

but every time he speaks I cant help but laugh.

LOL yeah. He's very funny on the mic.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
my favorite memory of Kurt is when he sprayed the milk all over the rink lol

That was funny! Around the same time Benoit kept pulling Angles pants down in every match, this I find slightly disturbing.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Anyone heard anything more about Angle yet

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Last I heard he was ready to come back. I think he will do a couple of house shows to get his timming back and then put him on tv. I heard he was returning as a goog guy this time.

TRD

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks Ocelot,Hmm good guy suits him better i think...!

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Disagree, he is better as a heel. Watching him slip up and get outsmarted during interviews is superb and his matches and storylines are better against the babyfaces.

TRD

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It is looking like the plan is to have Kurt Angle return to the ring at Summerslam and from then on, work a part-time wrestling schedule. We have still yet to receive word on what the actual status of Angle's next neck surgery is, or when it will be done.

TRD

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Many backstage are still questioning the validity of Kurt Angle's injury status, reports PWInsider. While it is obvious that he is not one-hundred percent, he initially told management that he would be getting neck surgery during the summer.

However, Kurt recently told fans that he is not going to be getting surgery in the forseeable future and should be good to go by Summerslam. Thus, some backstage have reached the conclusion that he may have used the injury to his advantage as part of a work to limit wear-and-tear on his body.

TRD

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Kurt Angle is around two months away from returning. He'll be eased back in slowly with periodic matches.

TRD

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Kurt Angle keeps inching closer to an in-ring return as last Friday, Angle told Rove Live Radio in Australia that he is hoping to be back in the ring for the "Return of the Deadman" Smackdown brand tour of Australia in late August. He said that the tour should be changed to "Return of the Olympic Hero" and went on to say how the WWE wrestlers like touring Australia becuase of the WrestleMania-like crowds.

TRD

posted on Jul, 22 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Last week on SmackDown!, fans witnessed General Manager Kurt Angle scale a 15-foot high steel cage. This is the same Kurt Angle that claims to be wheelchair bound for life. Was what we saw last week a miracle? Or is Kurt really not hurt? Watch SmackDown! this week to find out.

Speaking of Angle, the SmackDown! GM has been a thorn in the side of John Cena of late. This week, Angle's man Luther Reigns will take on the former United States Champion in one-on-one action.

[Edited on 22/7/04 by TRD]

posted on Jul, 23 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
yeah i watched smackdown last night.

i dont like luther reigns at all i think he sucks truth be told.

now angle is no longer GM but jsut a wrestler once again. good old shucking and jiving vince himself came back and fired him after watching a lame story line unfold during the show as angle fired the ring announcers (chimmel is his name i think) along with four divas funaki...firing a ring announcer was just retarded. the reason he used was retarded and at the end of the show angle is told he has to face guerrero at summer slam.

and this leaves cena with who to have a fued with? reigns? ugh what a waste of talent on cena's part. he's too good to waste on reigns IMO and should be put up against angle but with angle and guerrero starting a fued...i dont think cena is gonna fit into that.

good ole JBL is apparently gonna see the taker at summer slam so the fued with guerrero seems to be over.

and i saw a stupid vignette for that hiendreich (however you spell it) character, looks like paul heyman is gonna be his "manager". could they have made him look more insane? sorry the crazy character angle doesnt work for me, shamrock tried that and didnt work too well. same with steve blackman. being a psycho doesnt impress me.

TRD

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
WWE has had to keep an extremely close eye on Kurt Angle to make sure he doesn't further hurt his neck. Angle's personality is such that once he is out in the ring, he often takes risks despite his neck condition. Because of this, WWE ordered that he and Eddie Guerrero keep their Summerslam match mat-based.

Meanwhile, Angle continues to push the Smackdown creative team to book him in a program with The Undertaker soon.

top topics

join