It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWE: ELIZABETH HULETTE, WRESTLING'S "MISS ELIZABETH", PASSES AWAY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Credit goes to 1wrestling.com

For those that have not read the items on the Newsline, here is what we know at the time about the death of Elizabeth Hulette, best known to wrestling fans as "Miss Elizabeth".

Early this morning Larry Pfohl (Lex Luger) placed a call to 911 from his home on Riverstone Parkway off Powers Ferry Road in Georgia. Police responded to the call of there being a "sick woman" at the residence at 5:30am. Hulette was was taken to Kennestone Hospital, where she died.

Pfohl was taken into custody by authorities for questioning, and was released at approximately 11:30am. No charges have been filed in conjunction with the case.

No cause of death has been made public and authorities from Cobb County have not made any official comment on the case at this time other than that they are investigating the death. A Cobb County Police spokesperson was quoted as saying "At this point, we don't know if it's a suicide, we don't know if it's a natural death and we don't know if it's a homicide."

Local media in Atlanta are reporting that police responded to a domestic disturbance on Easter Sunday at Luger's residence. There is no indication at this time that the incident this morning involved violence. One media source has reported that "foul play" has been ruled out in the death, but as mentioned above, the police have not made any official comments yet regarding the cause of death.

When Main Event Fitness (Luger's gym) was contacted for comment, we received a "No Comment" before even asking any questions.

Elizabeth, who was 42 years old, was one of the most well known personalities in wrestling during the late-80's, when she was the manager of then-husband Randy "Macho Man" Savage. She enjoyed a career resurgence in the mid and late 90's in WCW, where she managed Ric Flair, Randy Savage, Lex Luger and was a member of the NWO. Elizabeth and Luger have been close friends for several years.

We will report more on the story as it comes in.

1Wrestling.com sends its condolences to the family, friends and fans of Elizabeth.

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Oh man, that sucks.

I remember I loved her when she was with "Macho Man" back in the late 1980's.

R.I.P. Miss Elizabeth

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Yeah she was great in that role. My favorite memory of her was when Randy Savage captured the WWF Heavyweight Championship of the World at Wrestlemania 4. When he picked her up in his shoulder and they were both crying. That's one of my favorite wrestling memories ever.

RIP

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Nooooooooo....
Oh man the crush I had on her when I was teenager.

TRD

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Oh no that is sad.....

I remember Macho Man and Miss Elizabeth all them years ago.She was one of the original babes of wrestling...RIP

Ben

posted on May, 6 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
She was great RIP. They have a thing on confidental this weekend about her, maybe I will tune into that.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Heard about this, very sad.

Most memorable moment for me was the Wrestlemania scene, and when Jake the Snake turned up at her wedding reception and decked Macho.

First lady of WWE, we salute you......

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I remember her back then like most that did.
She was super good looking as well a nice person too.
It would be nice for all of her fans to know the truth of what happend to her when she passed away... So sad...

WE THE PEOPLE HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW MORE OF WHAT HAPPEND.

SHE IS MISSED... RIPP

new topics

top topics

join